Several shoppers have been asking this question “Can Instacart Customers See My Picture?” On this post, you will get the right answer to this question. Many Instacart full-service and even in-store shoppers are showing concern over their privacy and their information that is shared with customers, this explains why the question has been thrown around recently.
Instacart offers you an opportunity to make money by becoming either a full-service shopper, or get employed by the company as an in-store shopper. When applying to work as a shopper at Instacart, you are required to create an account and provide some basic information about yourself, this information includes your picture.
As a shopper, some of your information are shown to customers, profile pictures help customers to easily identify a shopper they must have used before, this can help to build a relationship between you and Instacart shoppers in your zone.
Are you one of the shoppers asking Can Instacart Customers See My Picture? Continue reading this post to find out what we discovered.
We have several articles on our website for both Instacart shoppers and customers, see them here.
- Instacart Profile Picture
- Importance Of Instacart Profile Picture
- Can Instacart Customers See My Picture?
- Can Instacart Customers See Your Rating?
- Can Instacart Customers See Your Location?
- Does The Instacart Delivery Person Know That Customers Can See Their Location In The App?
- Can Instacart Shopper See A Customer’s Comment?
- Can I Change My Name On Instacart Shopper?
- How To Change My Name On Instacart Shopper
- How To Change Instacart Profile Picture
Instacart Profile Picture
Any new shopper is required to set up a profile picture while registering as a shopper on the Instacart app, the profile picture feature gives you an opportunity to present yourself as a serious shopper.
The Instacart profile picture feature is just like social media platforms where users are required to take or choose their picture to use for easy identification by other users.
It’s just normal that you select or take a picture of yourself and use as your profile picture so customers can easily identify you.
Importance Of Instacart Profile Picture
Essentially, when you use a profile picture on your Instacart shopper profile account, it helps customers to easily identify you and even get more interested in you.
Look at it this way, if you are a customer and after making some orders on Instacart you get to see a shopper not using their picture as a profile picture, does it sound alright? Of course you want to see the picture of the actual person that will be fulfilling your order.
Secondly, Instacart do carry out verifications often, this is when a shopper is required to take a selfie, this picture will be compared with the one on the profile picture to confirm if the person operating the account is the actual person on the profile picture.
From the above paragraph, you can see just how important the profile picture is to a shopper on Instacart. But, do customers see your profile picture? Continue reading to get the answer.
Can Instacart Customers See My Picture?
Yes, customers do get to see the profile picture of the shopper that is fulfilling their order. Your profile picture is one of the few details that are available to customers.
Just like shoppers see a few information about customers on the app, these customers do see your picture and this is why you should be professional when selecting a profile picture for your Instacart shopper account. Also read How To Get W2 From Instacart
Can Instacart Customers See Your Rating?
Unfortunately, customers don’t get to see a shopper’s rating because they don’t even choose who shops for them. Instacart shows orders to shoppers in a specific zone and any of them accepts the order and fulfil it, customers don’t get to choose any shopper, they don’t see their ratings.
A shopper’s rating remains anonymous to customers, this is how the Instacart platform is designed. Obviously, it makes no sense showing shoppers’ ratings to customers because customers are not able to choose who shops for them. Also read How Do I Get My 1099 From Instacart?
Can Instacart Customers See Your Location?
Yes, after shopping for a customer and you hit the “ready to deliver” button, Instacart immediately informs the customer and shows your location to them. Customers are updated as you approach their address and they can see how you move through the map offered by Instacart.
Instacart allows customers to see a shopper’s distance and how far they are from the delivery location, they get updated as you progress towards delivery.
Does The Instacart Delivery Person Know That Customers Can See Their Location In The App?
As an Instacart delivery person, you are aware that a customer is seeing your location in the app, you should know this once you hit the “ready to deliver” button.
Once you have activated the app to inform the customer that you are on the way to deliver, the customer will be offered a map which shows your location and how close you are, this helps them to get ready to take delivery. Also read: Can I Do Self Checkout With Instacart?
Can Instacart Shopper See A Customer’s Comment?
Yes, shoppers do see comments and ratings made by customers on the Instacart app. However, it is only comments made with 5-star ratings that are shown to shoppers.
Comments that go with ratings that are below 5-star will not be shown to the shopper, only the ratings will be shown.
Can I Change My Name On Instacart Shopper?
Yes, you can change your name on your Instacart shopper app. Although, it is possible to change your name as a shopper, it isn’t as easy as changing name s a customer.
Instacart usually match a shoppers name with the name on the ID they provided, if you want to change this name then you have to provide an ID that carries the name you want to change to. Also read: How Many Batches Can You Accept On Instacart?
How To Change My Name On Instacart Shopper
The name change feature isn’t directly available for shoppers on the app, it is not possible to change your name on the Instacart shopper app yourself. Below are the few ways you can change your name on Instacart shopper.
- Submit a tick: This is the easiest way to change your name on Instacart shopper, simply submit a ticket and inform them that you want to change your name, provide an ID that carries the name you are changing to and provide reasons why you are changing the name.
- Send An Email: If you are unable to submit a ticket, you can easily send an email to Instacart support with the title “Request For Shopper Change Of Name”, upload an ID carrying the name you are changing to and let them know why you want to change your name.
How To Change Instacart Profile Picture
Instacart makes it easy for shoppers to change their profile pictures and there are no limits to how many times you can change your profile picture on the platform.
If you are trying to change your profile picture, follow the steps below.
- Visit the Instacart shopper website or launch the app.
- Log in to your Instacart account using your account details.
- Click on the “Profile and Earnings” button.
- Press the “Edit Profile” option.
- Select or take the photo you want to use as your profile picture.
- Click the “save” or “update” button.
- Alternatively, you can contact Instacart shopper support via firstname.lastname@example.org and request for a profile picture change. You will be asked to send the new photo you want to use to them, this may take up to 48 hours to be changed.