Can OTC Card Be Used On Amazon? – OTC cards are specifically used for purchase of eligible health related items and over-the-counter medicines at participating stores.
The OTC card can be used just like other credit cards to buy non-prescriptive drugs, healthy foods, home internet service, and health-related products.
That being said, there has been lots of debates whether an OTC card can be used on Amazon, this is because the usage of OTC cards isn’t global and some notable stores both online and physical are yet to start accepting OTC cards.
Despite this, there are thousands of retail partner stores across the United States that accept OTC cards. Amazon is undoubtedly the biggest e-commerce store in the world, they have several payment methods for customers. Also read, can you use Sezzle on Amazon?.
So, can OTC card be used on Amazon? Yes, you can use your OTC card to purchase eligible items at Amazon. Continue reading this article to learn about how to use OTC card on Amazon. Can I Pay Amazon With Apple Pay? (Best Answer)
- Can OTC Card Be Used On Amazon?
- What Can I Buy On Amazon With OTC Card?
- How To Find Products I Can Buy With OTC Card On Amazon
- How To Add OTC Card To Amazon
- How To Register HSA Card On Amazon
- Why Can’t I Use My FSA Card On Amazon?
- What Happens If I Register My HSA Card As A Credit Card On Amazon?
- This Card Appears To Be An Unrestricted FSA or HSA Card
- How To Use FSA Card On Amazon
Can OTC Card Be Used On Amazon?
Yes, an OTC card can be used to pay for items on Amazon. You can add your OTC card either as an FSA or HSA card, or as a credit card. Not every OTC card can be added under FSA or HSA on Amazon, there are some of them that will only be accepted if added as a credit card.
Payments made via OTC cards on Amazon are processed just like other credit or debit cards, this means you can simply shop for eligible products and pay for them with your OTC card.
Secondly, there are no premium or extra charges for using OTC cards on Amazon, the amount you pay for an item with your credit card is the same you’ll be charged if you use your OTC card.
However, not all healthcare products can be bought with your OTC card on Amazon. Continue reading this article to know what you can buy with your OTC card on Amazon.
What Can I Buy On Amazon With OTC Card?
Amazon allows customers to use their OTC cards to purchase items such as reading glasses, allergy treatments, TENS massage systems, contact-lens cleaner, sunscreen, lip balm, and blood-pressure monitors.
Most importantly, you can use your OTC card for purchase of non-prescriptive drugs on Amazon such as Cetrizine HCl/Antihistamine, Ibuprofen, join & muscle therapy, Acetaminophen, etc. Can You Use Google Pay On Amazon? – Complete Answer
As a matter of fact, any product that is eligible for purchase through an OTC card on Amazon will have the “FSA or HSA Eligible” tag. We are going to explain how you can view products that are eligible for purchases using an OTC card on Amazon.
How To Find Products I Can Buy With OTC Card On Amazon
Like we’ve explained before, not all products can be bought with an OTC card on Amazon. You’ll only be allowed to purchase non-prescriptive drugs and several health related products with your OTC card on Amazon.
To find OTC eligible products on Amazon, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Amazon app on your phone or visit the Amazon website.
- Sign in to your account using your log in details.
- On the search bar, type in the item you want to purchase and click on the search icon.
- Click on “Filters” option at the top-right of the search panel.
- Scroll down the “filter” menu and select “FSA or HSA Eligible”.
- Press the “show results” button at the bottom once you are done.
This will display the list of that product eligible for purchases using OTC cards.
Alternatively, looking out for the “FSA or HSA Eligible” tag at a product’s info page will give you a clue if you can buy the product using your OTC card or not.
Having explained how you can actually use your OTC card for purchases on Amazon, let’s now guide you on how to add an OTC card on Amazon.
How To Add OTC Card To Amazon
Adding an OTC card to your Amazon account is almost the same as adding a credit or debit card, the only difference is that you’ll need to select “FSA or HSA card” instead of “credit or debit card”.
Read the guide below on how to add OTC card to Amazon.
- Visit Amazon website or launch the app on your device.
- Sign in to your Amazon account if prompted.
- Click “Account & Lists” or press your name and tap “Your Payments”.
- Click the “Add a payment method” button.
- Select the “Add an FSA or HSA Card” option.
- Insert details of your OTC card (Name on card, card number, and expiration date, press the “Add your card” button.
This will instantly add the OTC card to your Amazon account. Note that you can only use this payment method for specific items on Amazon.
How To Register HSA Card On Amazon
Before you can use your HSA card on Amazon, it must be registered by being added as a payment method. Once you’ve successfully registered your HSA card on Amazon, it can then be used to fund purchase of eligible items.
To learn how to register HSA card on Amazon, follow the guide below.
- Open Amazon website or the app on your mobile device.
- Log in to your account with your sign in details.
- Press your name at the top right or click “Account & Lists”, press “Your Payments” option.
- Press “Add a payment method” button.
- Click on the “Add an FSA or HSA Card” option.
- Type in details of your HSA card (Name on card, card number, and expiration date.
- Press the “Add your card” button once you are done.
Why Can’t I Use My FSA Card On Amazon?
Your FSA card won’t be accepted at Amazon if the FSA funds have expired, funds on your FSA card must be used within a year else they’ll be forfeited.
Secondly, your plan administrator may not have placed funds on your FSA card, this will result in a decline if you try using your FSA card on Amazon, you’ll need to contact your plan administrator or employer.
Lastly, your FSA card will not work on Amazon if you are using an old FSA card when new ones have been issued. All cards become unusable once new ones have been issued, you’ll need to get the new FSA card and use.
What Happens If I Register My HSA Card As A Credit Card On Amazon?
If you’ve registered your HSA card as a credit card on Amazon, it is now your responsibility to ensure that the items you buy with that card are eligible products.
There are some HSA cards that aren’t accepted as FSA or HSA cards on Amazon, some of these cards can still be registered as credit cards.
Since these cards are registered as credit cards, they won’t be able to stop you from using them to purchase ineligible products, it is therefore your responsibility to make sure that only eligible products are bought with the card.
You may be required to pay additional taxes and make report if you use your HSA card to purchase products or services that aren’t eligible.
This Card Appears To Be An Unrestricted FSA or HSA Card
When you receive the “this card appears to be an unrestricted FSA or HSA card” it means you’ve added your HSA card as a credit card on Amazon.
The word “unrestricted” means that the card or the Amazon system can’t restrict you to purchasing only eligible items with your HSA card.
What this insinuates is that you are now mandated to ensure that whatever item you purchase using your HSA card is eligible. You are not to use the card to purchase ineligible items just because it is unrestricted.
Only HSA cards registered on Amazon as FSA or HSA are restricted.
How To Use FSA Card On Amazon
You can use your FSA card to pay for purchase of eligible items on Amazon. To use your FSA card on Amazon, you must add it as a payment method in your Amazon account.
Once your FSA card has been added to your account, you’ll be able to use it to buy OTC products on Amazon.
If you are looking for how to use FSA card on Amazon, follow the guide below.
- Visit Amazon website or launch the Amazon app.
- Log in to your account with your account details.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the page and click your name or click “Account & Lists”.
- On the options, press “Your Payments”.
- Tap the “Add a payment method” button.
- Press the “Add an FSA or HSA Card” option in the list of payment methods.
- Provide details of your FSA card (Name on card, card number, and expiration date.
- Press the “Add your card” button once you are done.
- Start shopping for your OTC eligible products, add them to cart and proceed to checkout.
- Ensure you select your FSA card as a payment method for that purchase and authorise payment.
Can OTC card be used on Amazon? Yes, OTC cards can be used on Amazon for the purchase of eligible items. The card has to be added as a FSA or HSA payment method before being used for purchases.