Does Amazon Eero Work With Xfinity? If you are having a short-range router at home and considering replacing it with an equipment that ensures high speed data transfer with long range, getting an Amazon Eero should be one of the options you should consider.
Also, if you were using an Xfinity WiFi and your network range isn’t able to handle the internet access demand in your home or workplace, you might be thinking of getting a network extender like Amazon Eero to amplify your WiFi signals.
For people who moved to a bigger apartment and were using Xfinity routers, they be suddenly require a mesh WiFI solution to conveniently supply internet access, this leads us to the question “does Amazon Eero work with Xfinity?”
On this article, we are going to deal mainly on Amazon Eero mesh network system, we will also guide you on how to setup Amazon Eero wit Xfinity WiFi.
Note: This article titled “does Amazon Eero work with Xfinity?” contains affiliate links, our website is being serviced by commissions earned from these links when you click on them.
What Is Amazon Eero?
Amazon Eero is a mesh network system that handles the amplification of signals at homes and workplaces. An Amazon Eero shoots up network signals and ensures that wifi signal is sent to every room at homes and workplace.
If your aim is to deliver a hyper fact and long range network, chances are that you might be considering an Amazon Eero.
In summary, the Amazon Eero is simply a signal extender, it takes network from your WiFi and extends it to a longer range. Read: 866-749-7538 Amazon – Don’t Trust This Number
What Does An Amazon Eero Does?
There are many functions of an Amazon Eero router, these functions are all centered on enhancing your WiFi network signal.
Find our what Amazon Eero does below.
- Provides WiFi for more devices at home or workplace.
- Provides faster WiFi connection.
- Eliminates buffering and dead spots.
- Reduces drop-offs to allow steady streaming.
Is Amazon Eero its own WiFi?
No, Amazon Eero is not its own WiFi, it simply takes a signal and enhances it for wider coverage. You must have a WiFi system already before making use of Amazon Eero.
What the above statement means is that an Amazon Eero doesn’t have signal on its own, it will have to take a network from somewhere and enhance it.
A mesh network system doesn’t have WiFi, it simply takes an internet connection from modems and amplifies it for more usage and hyper fast internet browsing. Read: Amazon Nurse Commercial What Does He Say?
Does Amazon Eero Work With Xfinity?
Yes, the Amazon Eero works perfectly with Xfinity, it can be set up with Xfinity to provide a longer WiFi signal at both homes and workplaces.
For example, the Amazon Eero 6 dual-band mesh Wi-Fi 6 system supports up to 500 Mbps WiFi speed when it is being used as a multi-pack.
Each Amazon Eero has the primary task of extending your WiFi to more devices than your Xfinity WiFi device would carry on its own. Read about Amazon FBA Calculator.
How To Connect Amazon Eero With Xfinity
The process of configuring an Amazon Eero with Xfinity is quite easy and you should complete it within a few minutes.
The first thing you must do is to bridge the Xfinity xFi wireless gateway, this will be done by heading to “settings” and enabling the bridge mode.
Follow the steps below on how to connect Amazon Eero with Xfinity.
- Connect your PC to the Xfinity WiFi device using an Ethernet cable.
- On your web browser, visit the Xfinity Gateway http://10.0.0.1.
- Log in to your account with your username and password once the portal finishes loading. You can find your username and password on your Xfinity xFi device.
- Click on “Gateway at a Glance” under the “Gateway tab” at the left-side of the screen.
- Under the “Gateway at a Glance” tab, enable Bridge Mode. This will stop your Xfinity device from routing the WiFi signal allowing the Amazon Eero to take up the responsibility of routing.
- Save changes so you won’t lose everything you’ve done.
- Connect your Amazon Eero router to the Xfinity device; Eero WAN port – Xfinity LAN port.
- Restart both the Amazon Eero device and Xfinity WiFi system so your new configuration can be implemented and your network stabilised.
Does Amazon Eero Replace Router?
Yes, the Amazon Eero replaces your current router, the device itself is a network enhancer/router. If you are using a WiFi system like Xfinity, the Amazon Eero device takes over the routing function and distributes the network to more devices at a longer range.
An Amazon Eero device can come handy if your current Wifi system is not capable of sending internet signals to all the rooms in your home or workplace, it is also required if your current router is supplying signal to a few PCs.
For example, using an Amazon Eero 6 Dual-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 extender will extend your WiFi cover and increases your WiFi 6 coverage by up to 1,500 square feet. However, it must be used with an Amazon Eero router.
Is Amazon Eero a WiFi extender?
Yes, an Amazon Eero is both a router and a network extender. However, you can also buy an an Amazon Eero 6 Dual-band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 extender if the signal you are getting has not gone as far as you want.
An extender basically extends the WiFI range of your network which was routed by an Amazon Eero router. So, you can get the Amazon Eero router and if you are not getting the network range you require, you can get the Amazon Eero extender to keep extending the signal range. Also read: A Thrifty Mom DIY Recipes Crafts Online Deals Amazon Deals – Best Details
How To Use Your Own Router With Xfinity
It is quite possible to use your own router with your Xfinity WiFi device, you basically need to enable “Bridge Mode” in your Xfinity Gateway settings, this will turn off the routing capabilities of the WiFi device, only its modem capabilities will remain active. Once you’ve done this, you can connect your router to the Xfinity WiFi device.
Follow the steps below on how to use your own router with Xfinity.
- Connect the Xfinity WiFi device to your PC through an Ethernet cable.
- Visit the Xfinity Gateway http://10.0.0.1 on your browser.
- Sign in to your Xfinity account using your username and password. Your username and password can be found on your Xfinity xFi device.
- Click “Gateway at a Glance” right under “Gateway tab” located at the left-side of the screen.
- Look under “Gateway at a Glance” tab, and enable Bridge Mode.
- Save changes.
- Connect your own router to the Xfinity device; Router WAN port – Xfinity LAN port.
- Restart both devices for the new configuration to be implemented and your network stabilised.
Once you’ve successfully followed the steps above, your own router will start sending WiFi signal from your Xfinity device.
Does Amazon Eero Work With Xfinity? Yes, both the Amazon Eero router and extender devices work with Xfinity WiFi system.
To connect the Amazon Eero device with the Xfinity WiFi device, you need to enable Bridge Mode, this will stop your Xfinity device from routing the signal and allow the Amazon Eero device to act as the signal router.