Several car owners in the United States have been asking how much is a tune up at Walmart? Quite frankly, Walmart offer quality auto services, having your car tune up services at any of the Walmart auto services ensures your car is handled by professionals and their services are affordable.
There are several Walmart auto centers across the United States, Walmart has partnered with professionals to offer several tune up services in their various auto centers.
If you are thinking of taking your car for a tune up service at Walmart, this post gives you an idea of how much you would probably spend.
So, are you wondering how much is a tune up at Walmart? Or you are wondering how to make a Walmart tune up appointment? This post provides a full information regarding Walmart tune up services. First, let’s explain what really is a tune up service.
Table of Contents
What Is A Tune Up Service?
A tune-up service is a type of preventative maintenance for a vehicle that involves inspecting and adjusting certain components to ensure that the engine is running at its best. While the exact procedures involved in a tune-up service can vary depending on the make and model of the vehicle, typical tasks include:
- Replacement of spark plugs and/or ignition coils
- Inspection and adjustment of the timing belt/chain
- Replacement of the air filter and/or fuel filter
- Inspection and cleaning of the fuel injectors
- Adjustment of the idle speed and mixture
- Inspection of the distributor cap and rotor (if applicable)
The goal of a tune-up service is to ensure that all of the engine components are working properly and efficiently, so that the vehicle runs smoothly and with optimal fuel economy.
Does Walmart Offer Tune Up Services?
Walmart offers tune-up services for vehicles at many of its Auto Care Centers. These services typically include a thorough inspection and adjustment of various components of the vehicle, such as the spark plugs, air filter, and fuel system.
These services are offered at selected Walmart auto centers, while some of them are free, majority of them are paid services. Walmart offers a variety of services as part of their tune-up package, which may vary slightly depending on the location and type of vehicle, continue reading to learn about Walmart tune up services.
Types Of Services At Walmart Tune Up
Below are some of the typical services that you can expect to receive as part of a Walmart tune-up:
- Inspection of the engine components: This includes a visual inspection of the engine, checking for any signs of wear or damage, and ensuring that all components are in good condition.
- Replacement of spark plugs: The spark plugs are typically replaced as part of the tune-up, this helps to ensure that the engine is firing properly.
- Replacement of the air filter: A clean air filter is essential for proper engine performance, Walmart will typically replace the air filter as part of the tune-up.
- Adjustment of the ignition timing: Walmart will typically adjust the ignition timing to ensure that the engine is running at optimal performance.
- Inspection of the fuel system: Walmart will check the fuel system for any signs of wear or damage and will typically clean the fuel injectors as part of the tune-up.
- Inspection of the emission control system: Walmart will check the emission control system for any signs of wear or damage to ensure that it is functioning properly.
Also read what time does Walmart bakery open.
How Much Is A Tune Up At Walmart?
The price for tune up at Walmart depend largely on the location and the vehicle type. Below is an estimated price for some tune up services at Walmart:
- Lube and services including changing oil filter, wiper blades, lights, battery perfomance = $24.88
- Fuel system maintenance = $20 up.
- Wiper blade and installation = $10 each blade.
- Coolant exchange = $29.88
- Transmission Fluid Exchange = $59.88
Walmart Tune Up Appointment
Scheduling a tune up appointment with Walmart can be done by visiting the Walmart Auto Care Center locator to get a contact and call your local Walmart Auto Care Center or visiting the nearest Walmart Auto Care Center. Follow the steps below to fix a Walmart tune up appointment online:
- Visit the Walmart Auto Care Center locator website.
- Insert your zip code to display the available Walmart auto centers close to you.
- Click on the “List View” to have precise store locations displayed.
- Select “Auto Care Center” under the stores option.
- Scroll and click on “Store Detail” under any Walmart auto care center close to you.
- Pick the phone number under the “Auto Care Center” service and call them to book a tune up appointment.
How Much Is A Car Tune Up At Walmart?
The price for a car tune up at Walmart varies depending on the location and the type of vehicle serviced. However, you should expect to pay any amount from $20 up depending on the particular service you are getting and your type of vehicle.