How To Get Discord To Open On Second Monitor – It is quite possible to open Discord on a second monitor, this is useful especially if you are using the main monitor for something else and you want to continue opening Discord.
There are several reasons why a Discord user would want to open Discord on a second monitor, many users like using one monitor to keep track of their chats and other vital things, while using the other one for gaming, watching movies, or work.
The issue of being able to open Discord on a second monitor has given lots of users a tough time. Being able to open Discord on a second monitor is fully determined by your system and not Discord.
Gradually becoming the favorite video and texting platform for gamers, Discord continues to introduce innovative ideas that will always have users stay glued.
If you are among the Discord users looking for how to get Discord to open on second monitor, we’ve researched on this and we are glad to offer you a solution.
Read the full guide on how to get Discord to open on second monitor. Also, we have written lots of useful articles for Discord users, you can go through these articles here.
Can I Open Discord On A Second Monitor?
Yes, you can get Discord to open on the second monitor even when it isn’t the main monitor. Sadly, several users have complained that Discord keeps showing only on the main monitor each time they restart their computer.
Discord allows users to open or stream the platform on two different monitors at the same time. One of the monitor has to be assigned as the main monitor before this can work.
That being said, let’s get you to the full guide on how to get Discord to open on second monitor.
How To Get Discord To Open On Second Monitor
There are several ways you can get Discord to open on second monitor, any of these ways will yield the same result. If you are using your main monitor for work or some private stuff and you want to open Discord on the second monitor, you can essentially do this on your system.
Follow the steps below on how to get Discord to open on second monitor.
- Move the mouse to the top bar of the Discord window, bring it to focus and drag it to the second screen.
- Drop the Discord window at the second screen, or,
- Take the mouse the Discord icon in the Taskbar, hover it till it shows the Miniature Preview.
- Right-click and press “Restore”.
- On the restored window panel, right-click and press “Move”.
- Use the arrow keys to move the Discord window to the second screen and place it on the desired position.
- Reduce the Discord window and never allow it to run on full-screen, you can run it on windowed mode.
- On the keyboard, press Win+Shift+Enter to save the present window size and location.
- Quite Discord by closing it on the taskbar.
- Head to the Task Manager and terminate every Discord process running in the background.
- Open Discord again, it should show in the second screen.
Discord Remember Window Position
After dragging Discord to the second monitor and placing it at your desired position, it is important to save the window position, simply press Win+Shift+Enter on your keyboard.
Once you’ve pressed the above keys together, it will make Discord to remember the window position on restart. Remember to force close Discord by right-clicking on Discord icon in the icon tray and close it.
Ensure to check and terminate every Discord program that was running in the background, restart your system after this and ensure Discord appears on the second monitor. Also read: What Is A Discord Kitten? Read Most Complete Answer
How To Get Discord To Open On Startup
You can set Discord to open anytime you open your computer, this will enable you to access Discord easily once your computer is turned on.
All you need to do is to enable it as a startup program in your computer, this will make sure that it opens anytime your computer is turned on.
Follow the steps below on how to get Discord to open on startup.
- Open the Discord app on your computer.
- Click on the “Settings” icon once the app is open.
- Select “Windows Settings” in the left panel.
- Click the button in front of the “Open Discord” option at the “Windows Settings” window.
- Close Discord and restart to confirm changes.
How To Get Discord To Open On Second Monitor On Startup
If you want Discord to open on second monitor on startup, you need to first drag Discord to the desired monitor, save the window position and set Discord to open on startup.
Follow the steps below on how to get Discord to open on second monitor on startup.
- Launch the Discord app on your system.
- Click the “Settings” icon inside the app.
- Click “Windows Settings” in the left panel.
- Tap the button in front of the “Open Discord” option at the “Windows Settings” window.
- Hover the cursor at the top bar of the Discord window, click and drag it to the second screen.
- Drop it at the second screen
- Set it to windowed mode or use the cursor to reduce the Discord window.
- Press Win+Shift+Enter to save the present window size and location.
- Close Discord completely from the taskbar.
- Go to the Task Manager and terminate every Discord process running in the background.
- Restart your system.
How To Keep Discord Open On Second Monitor
To keep Discord open on the second monitor, you need to press Win+Shift+Enter after dragging it to the second money. This will save the Discord location and size, it will keep showing on the second screen after restart.
How To Put Discord On Second Monitor
To put Discord on second monitor, simply move the cursor to the Discord window, click and drag it to the second monitor, release the cursor once you have placed it accurately.
Once you have placed it, you can then reduce the size or set it to windowed mode.