How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon – In Amazon, a residential address is your billing address or referred to as your permanent address.
Buyers are able to set different addresses for delivery of items they purchased on Amazon, this is not necessarily the billing or residential address, Amazon orders can be delivered to multiple addresses.
The multi-delivery feature on Amazon allows customers to buy several products in one purchase and have them sent to different addresses.
It’s always advisable that you pay attention when inserting an address for your items, a mistake can cause a delay in delivery or even loss of your package. As an Amazon customer, you can edit or delete your saved addresses on your account, you can also edit your billing or residential address, this can be done anytime without limit.
If you are wondering how to change your residential address on Amazon, take your time and read this article.
- How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon
- What Is Shipping Address In Amazon?
- What Is A Billing Address In Amazon?
- Different Billing And Shipping Address Amazon
- Change Billing Address Amazon
- How To Change Billing Address In Amazon App
- How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon For Digital Purchases
- How To Remove Residential Address For Digital Purchases On Amazon
- How To Change Shipping Address On Amazon App
- Amazon Shipping Address Problem
- Can’t Change Shipping Address Amazon
- Your Addresses Are Not Currently Available. Please Close This Window And Try Again
How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon
Your residential address on Amazon is your billing address, this is basically the address linked to your payment card. Except you made a mistake in the billing address you entered before, it isn’t advisable to change your residential address to something different from what’s on the bank card.
If you want to know how to set a different residential address on Amazon website, follow the steps below;
- On your browser, visit Amazon website.
- Log in to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so.
- Locate the ‘Accounts and Lists’ option and click on it.
- Click on ‘Payment Options’.
- You will see all the cards you’ve added to your account.
- Select any of the cards and you’ll see an option to change or edit the card’s billing address.
- Follow the screen instructions to change the billing address for the card.
What Is Shipping Address In Amazon?
A shipping address in Amazon is the location where your item will be delivered to, this is where Amazon will deliver your package.
It’s not just Amazon, shipping address is generally the location of delivery, it is usually provided by a buyer during purchase or the shipper.
Once an item is purchased on Amazon, the buyer will need to provide an address for the items to be delivered.
A shipping address doesn’t have to be the billing address, you can provide any convenience address as a shipping address, it has to be an accessible location to allow for successful delivery of your package. A shipping address can be your office address, or friend’s address.
What Is A Billing Address In Amazon?
Technically, a billing address in Amazon is the buyers default, residential, or permanent address. A billing address is the same address that is on the buyer’s monthly bank statement or credit card.
This is the default address where goods ordered by a customer will be delivered, except the buyer specifies otherwise. In many platforms, you billing address is used to verify your identify to prevent fraud, a billing address provided must always be the same as the one linked with the buyer’s credit card.
What this means is that you can’t just provide any address as a billing address, it must be the same address you have on your bank account, this helps during identity verification.
Different Billing And Shipping Address Amazon
A shipping address doesn’t always have to be the same as the billing address on the buyer’s account. A buyer can have a different billing and shipping address for a particular order. This is to say that each order made on Amazon can be delivered to a different shipping address other than the billing address.
All the buyer needs to do is to carefully insert the pin codes and phone numbers accurately to avoid loss.
Amazon allows users to have multiple shipping addresses for different orders, these addresses can be modified or removed at any time.
Change Billing Address Amazon
As a buyer on Amazon, you can change your default billing address easily without breaking a glass.
Note that the billing address must be the same as monthly bank statement or credit card address, you ain’t allowed to use an address different from what you have on your account statement.
Importantly, you must note that a billing address is different from shipping address, your billing address is always written on your Amazon bill and it is your permanent address.
How To Change Billing Address In Amazon App
Amazon app users can easily change their billing addresses on the app, the process is so no different from changing on the website.
To change your billing address in Amazon app, follow the guide below.
- Launch the Amazon app.
- Log in to your account if your have not done that already.
- At the top-left corner of the Amazon homescreen, tap the hamburger icon or 3 horizontal lines.
- Tap ‘Your Account’ at the left sidebar.
- From the next page, scroll down and press ‘Your Account’.
- Scroll down again and press ‘Manage Payment Options’.
- Press the Edit option below the card you want to edit its billing address.
- Press ‘Edit and Change Billing’.
- Follow the prompt to change your billing address.
How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon For Digital Purchases
Users are allowed to set a different residential address for digital purchases on Amazon, the steps to changing your digital purchase address on Amazon is quite different from changing your normal shipping address.
To set a different residential address for your digital purchases, follow the guide below.
- Log in to your Amazon account if you haven’t done that already.
- Look at the top-right corner of the page and click on “Accounts & Lists”.
- Under “Your Account”, click on “Account”.
- Look under “Ordering and shopping preferences” and select the “Your addresses” option.
- Select “Remove” under the current digital purchase address, it will display a remove error box.
- Press the “set a different residential address for your digital purchases” link.
- Select the new address from existing addresses or type in a new address you want to use for your digital purchases.
- Click the “Update” button once you are done. Once you follow the steps given above, you’ll easily set a different residential address for your digital purchases.
How To Remove Residential Address For Digital Purchases On Amazon
If you are wondering how to Remove residential address for digital purchases on Amazon, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Click ‘Your Addresses‘.
- Locate the address you want to remove and click on ‘Delete’ located below the address.
Also Read: How To Resign From Amazon – Full Guide
How To Change Shipping Address On Amazon App
You can change your shipping address for an order as long as it has entered the shipping process. If you are wondering how to change shipping address on Amazon app, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to Your Orders.
- Locate the order you want to change its shipping address and click ‘Change’ next to shipping address of the order.
- Insert the new shipping address and click ‘Save Address’.
Amazon Shipping Address Problem
There are several problems associated with Amazon shipping such as; wrong or incorrect address, and product ineligibility for some addresses.
Be sure to crosscheck the address you have inserted for errors. Also check if your item is eligible to be shipped to the address you have provided.
Can’t Change Shipping Address Amazon
You will not be able to change the shipping address for an item that has entered the shipping process. That is, if you are unable to change the shipping address for an item, it is an indication that the item has entered the Amazon shipping process, it has commenced the journey to its delivery location.
Your Addresses Are Not Currently Available. Please Close This Window And Try Again
Once you see this message, you need to sign out of your Amazon account and sign in again. If this does not solve the problem, check to see if you have the updated version of Amazon app or Chrome browser.
If you get the message ‘Your addresses are not currently available Amazon’, check if your address is deliverable, remove the address and add it again.