This post gives a full guide on how to shut down Amazon seller account. Obviously, no one opens a seller account on Amazon with the plan of having it shut down later, it is only circumstances that makes this necessary.
If you are finding yourself in a situation where it becomes necessary to shut down your Amazon seller account, you will find this post helpful.
Several sellers have closed their accounts due to being overwhelmed by negative reviews, account not making sales, or having more than one seller account. Whatever the reason is, the process of shutting down a seller account on Amazon is quite easy and you should be done in minutes.
So, are you fed up with your account and wondering how to shut down Amazon seller account? Amazon allows sellers to easily shut down their accounts without any restriction.
Being the top e-commerce platform with thousands of sellers, the company would be glad to see you shut down your inactive seller account instead of abandoning it.
- Can I Shut Down Amazon Seller Account?
- How To Shut Down Amazon Seller Account
- How To Temporarily Deactivate Amazon Seller Account
- Can I close My Amazon Seller Account And Open A New One?
- How To Reopen A Closed Amazon Account
- How Long Does It Take To Close Amazon Account?
- How To Delete Amazon Account Without Login
- How To Delete Amazon Account On Mobile
- I Can’t Close My Amazon Seller Account
- How To Delete Amazon Account UK
- Delete Amazon Prime Account
Can I Shut Down Amazon Seller Account?
Yes, you can shut down your Amazon seller account at anytime by simply initiating the account closing process in the seller central. If you’ve wholeheartedly decided to close your seller account, you can get this done without having to contact Amazon customer service.
Bear in mind that once you have successfully initiated the process, it is irreversible, this means you should be completely sure you are ready to get rid of your seller account before starting the process.
How To Shut Down Amazon Seller Account
Like we’ve explained above, the process of shutting down your Amazon seller account is quite simple, all you need to do is to visit your Seller Central dashboard and initiate the process, follow the steps below.
- On your browser, visit Amazon Seller Central.
- Sign in to your Amazon seller account using your login details.
- Head to the top-right corner of the page and click on the settings icon.
- Click on the “Account Info” on the drop-down menu.
- Under the “Account management” tab, select “Close account”.
- Tick the “request account closure” option.
- Click on the “next” button.
- Tick the “yes” option in the next popup box.
- Click on the “next” button.
- Click on the “Confirm Request” button to initiate the seller account shutting down process.
How To Temporarily Deactivate Amazon Seller Account
The only way to temporarily deactivate your Amazon seller account is by putting it on vacation mode or setting the account status to be inactive. This will make it impossible for buyers to purchase any item from your listing.
The vacation mode also allows you to automatically fulfil or cancel any order that was already placed depending on your settings.
If you chose to make your account status inactive, your listing will not be visible to buyers.
Follow the steps below to temporarily deactivate your Amazon seller account.
- Visit the Amazon Seller Central dashboard.
- Locate the settings icon at the top-right corner of the page and click on it.
- Click on the “Account Info” option.
- Under the “Listing Status” tab, select the “Going on holidays?” option.
- Select between making one marketplace or every marketplace inactive.
- Click the “Save” button to put your seller account on vacation mode, or;
- Click on the settings icon at the top-right corner and click on the “Account Info” option.
- Scroll and select the “Listings Status” option.
- Click on the “Edit button and choose “Inactive”.
- Click the “Submit” button once you are done.
Can I close My Amazon Seller Account And Open A New One?
Yes, you can close your Amazon seller account and open a new one but not immediately, you will need to wait until the former one is successfully closed before you proceed to opening a new one.
However, if you intend to use a different bank account details, email, and phone number, then you can open a new seller account almost immediately after you closed the former one. Also read Does Amazon Deliver To The Virgin Islands?
How To Reopen A Closed Amazon Account
Once your Amazon account has been closed, it is impossible to reopen it, this action is irreversible and you’ll need to register a new account if you want to use Amazon again.
Once you’ve closed your account, every product and services relating to Amazon that were accessed through your account can’t be available again.
How Long Does It Take To Close Amazon Account?
Typically, it takes 5 days to close an Amazon account, a confirmation notification will be sent to the user’s account which should be replied within 5 days.
Once the account closing request has been verified by the user, the account will be permanently deleted.
How To Delete Amazon Account Without Login
The only way to delete an Amazon account without logging in to your account is by sending an account closing request to Amazon via email@example.com. Ensure that the email is sent through the email address associated with the Amazon account.
You may be required to provide your ID and credit card on-file to confirm ownership of the account. Once you are able to show enough proof that you own the account, your request to close the account will be initiated. Also read: Does Amazon Deliver To Qatar?
How To Delete Amazon Account On Mobile
The process of deleting an Amazon account on mobile is pretty much the same as on the web. You just need to navigate to the “Account Info” page, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Amazon Seller app.
- Press the three horizontal lines (menu).
- Tap the “Account Info” option.
- Tap the “Close Account” option.
- Tick either to close the account from one or all marketplaces.
- Tap the “Next” button and press the “Confirm Request” button.
I Can’t Close My Amazon Seller Account
If you are unable to close your Amazon seller account, it is possible that your selling account hasn’t been downgraded, your account balance is not zero, you have pending orders, or it is not up to 90 days since you had the last transaction.
To successfully close your Amazon seller account, first downgrade your selling plan to individual, then open a case with the Amazon Seller Support and request for a refund of any subscription that was previously charged.
Once you done, restart the account closing request as we’ve explain on this post. Also read about Amazon FBA Removal Report
How To Delete Amazon Account UK
If you are residing in the United Kingdom and you want to close your Amazon account, you can simply do this by initiating the account closing request from the user dashboard, follow the steps below.
- Visit Amazon.Uk Account Deletion Page.
- Sign in to the account using your login details.
- Select reasons for closing your account in the drop-down menu.
- Tick the box right next to “Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete my data”.
- Click the “Close My Account” option.
Delete Amazon Prime Account
If you want to delete your Amazon Prime account, you need to initiate an account closing request. Note that this process will delete all Amazon products and services associated to your account.
Below is a guide on how to delete Amazon Prime account.
- On your browser, visit Amazon.com
- Navigate to the “Account & Lists” option at the top-right corner of the page and click on it.
- Select “Account” option.
- Once your account page opens, scroll to the bottom under “Data and Privacy” and click on “Close Your Amazon Account”.
- Go through the products and services associated with your Amazon account.
- Choose the reason for closing your Amazon account.
- Tick the box right under the reason.
- Click the “Close my account” button.
Also read How To Sell Coloring Books On Amazon