Are you wondering how to unblock someone on Venmo? This post is just what you want. The Venmo app offers lots of exciting features, one of such is the ability to block users from viewing your transactions.
The idea of having your financial transactions viewed by several people doesn’t sit well with many people, majority of people prefer discreetness when it comes to their financial transactions.
However, several users have been in situations where they wish to unblock a particular user or users, probably they settled whatever differences they had or they’ve seen the need to continue dealing with those users. If you’ve ever seen yourself in such a situation, this article provides a step-by-step guide on how to unblock someone on Venmo.
Without any doubt, Venmo simplifies the process of sending and receiving payments, it provides a convenience platform for online shopping, sharing bills, sending and receiving payments, etc.
So, if you’ve been wondering how to unblock someone on Venmo, this article will guide you through the process, you’ll also learn how to know if blocked on Venmo.
- Can You Unblock Someone On Venmo?
- Can You Block And Unblock Someone On Venmo?
- How To Unblock Someone On Venmo
- If You Unblock Someone On Venmo Will They Know?
- What Happens When You Unblock Someone On Venmo?
- How To Know If Blocked On Venmo
- Is Blocking The Same Way As Removing Friends On Venmo?
- What Does Blocking Someone On Venmo Do?
- How To Block Someone On Venmo
- How To Tell If Someone Deleted Their Venmo
Can You Unblock Someone On Venmo?
Yes, the Venmo app has the blocking and unblocking features, this allows users to have a control over who sees their activities on the app.
Although, Venmo is a digital wallet, it operates more like a mini social media platform, this means that other users can actually see your activities on the app.
This aspect doesn’t generally sit well especially with small businesses, they typically want their transactions hidden from the public, this is why they mostly make use of the block button.
Even as individuals, having your payment activity public sounds weird to a majority of them, which is why they use the block button especially if the user crosses the line.
Venmo also has the unblock feature, continue reading to learn more about how to unblock someone on Venmo.
Can You Block And Unblock Someone On Venmo?
Yes, users can block and unblock other users on the Venmo app, this feature gives users the power to decide who can connect with them on the app, you can also decide who stays within your circle of friends within the Venmo app.
If you are receiving unwanted payments or comments from a user or you feel they have crossed the line, you can simply block the user from sending you payments or even finding your profile on Venmo.
Also, Venmo has the feature that allows for unblocking just in case you have a change of mind. You both can resume connection once you’ve unblocked the user.
In summary, you can block and unblock someone on Venmo. Learn how to unfreeze Venmo account. Read the next paragraph to learn how to unblock someone on Venmo.
How To Unblock Someone On Venmo
If you want to unblock someone on Venmo, you have to find your way to where you have the list of blocked users. Follow the steps below on how to unblock someone on Venmo.
- Launch the Venmo app and ensure you are logged in.
- Press the 3 lines icon (hamburger) at the top left.
- Scroll down and tap the “Settings” option.
- Press the “Privacy” button under preferences.
- Under “More” press the “blocked users” option.
- Go through the list to find the user you want to unblock, select the user.
- Bring out the menu by tapping on the three dots at the top-right corner of the page.
- Tap the “unblock” option, press “unblock” again on the pop-up-box that will appear.
The user will be successfully unblocked and you both can continue transactions and seeing each other’s activities.
For the changes to take effect, you need to log out of the Venmo app and restart it.
If You Unblock Someone On Venmo Will They Know?
A user you’ve unblocked won’t get any notification whatsoever, the user will only know about this if they search for you on the Venmo.
Venmo doesn’t notify users that they’ve been unblocked, they won’t even see your transactions until you’ve added them as friends.
If you still want to have a communication and carry out transactions with the user, you essentially need to add them as friends after you’ve unblocked them. Read how to create two Venmo accounts.
What Happens When You Unblock Someone On Venmo?
When you unblock someone on Venmo, you profile becomes visible to the person, you’ll also be able to view the person’s profile. You both can see each other’s transactions, this is unless any of you had set it to “limit to friends”.
Secondly, the user can now send payments to you or receive payments from you after being unblocked. Any of you can now add each other back as friends, this will start displaying their activities on your feed.
You really don’t need to become friends with any user before you are able to send or receive payments from them. However, having someone as a friend on Venmo ensures that you are sending your payments to the right people.
How To Know If Blocked On Venmo
If you want to know whether you’ve been blocked by a user on Venmo, simply search for the user on the Venmo app, you won’t be able to find their profile if you’ve been blocked.
Not being able to find a user on Venmo doesn’t always mean that you’ve been blocked by the person, it could also be that the account is no longer active on Venmo.
However, the only way to find out if a user has blocked you is to try connecting with the user on the Venmo app, you can try sending them money or requesting money from them.
Is Blocking The Same Way As Removing Friends On Venmo?
Blocking a user is quite different from removing the user as a friend on Venmo. When you block a user, you completely cut them off from every means of reaching out to you within the app.
A blocked user can’t send or receive payment from you, a removed friend can still send payments to you and also request payment from you.
A removed friend can still see your financial activities within the Venmo app, a blocked user can’t see your activities.
Lastly, a removed friend can still find your profile on the Venmo app, a blocked user won’t be able to find your profile in the app.
What Does Blocking Someone On Venmo Do?
Blocking someone on Venmo essentially cuts off the person from every means of communicating or transacting with you within the app.
Once a user is blocked, they can not send payments or request for payment from whoever blocked them on Venmo, it remains this way until unblocked.
A blocked user can not find the profile of whoever blocked them within the Venmo app, this also stops them from being able to add the user as friends.
Essentially, blocking someone on Venmo works just like social media platforms, the user won’t be able to find the profile of whoever blocked them on the platform.
A user you’ve blocked can no longer send payment to you even if you both had transactions in the past, you won’t also be able to see the user’s activities on your feed.
Blocking a user on Venmo works both ways, you’ll be limited just the same way as the user is, you’ll only find them among your list of blocked users.
This ultimately leads us to how to block someone on Venmo, read the next paragraph to learn about this. How to add Visa Gift Card to Venmo.
How To Block Someone On Venmo
Like we’ve explained earlier, Venmo gives users the ability to block other users, this stops these users from sending payments or receiving payments from them.
Ultimately, it blocks these users from viewing their profiles on the platform. Follow the steps below on how to block someone on Venmo.
- Launch the Venmo app on your device.
- Search for the user’s profile using the Search bar located at the top of the Venmo feed.
- Click on the user’s profile to open their profile page.
- Press the three circles located at the top-right corner of the page.
- Press the “block” option on the menu.
This will block the user preventing them from finding your profile or sending you payments.
How To Tell If Someone Deleted Their Venmo
There is no surefire way to tell if someone has deleted their Venmo account. However, there are a few things you can look for that may indicate that they have done so.
- Their profile no longer shows up in search results. If you search for the person’s name on Venmo, and their profile no longer shows up, it’s possible that they have deleted their account.
- You can’t send or receive payments from them. If you try to send or receive a payment from the person, and the app tells you that they are not a Venmo user, it’s likely that they have deleted their account.
- Their profile picture and bio are blank. If the person’s profile picture and bio are blank, it’s possible that they have deleted their account.
Unblocking someone on Venmo is pretty easy, you basically need to access the “blocked users” feature, locate the particular user you want to unblock and proceed to unblock the user. Venmo makes it possible for users to reverse majority of the actions they take on the app. We hope you find this article helpful in how to unblock someone on Venmo.
- How do I unblock someone on Venmo?
- To unblock someone on Venmo, open the Venmo app, tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen, select “Settings”, scroll down and tap “Privacy”, tap “Blocked Users”, find the person you want to unblock and tap their name. Then, tap “Unblock”.
- Why would I want to unblock someone on Venmo?
- There are a few reasons why you might want to unblock someone on Venmo. For example, you might have blocked them by mistake, or you might have made up with them.
- What happens when I unblock someone on Venmo?
- When you unblock someone on Venmo, they will be able to see your Venmo activity again, and you will be able to see theirs. They will also be able to send you payments again.
- Can I block someone on Venmo if they haven’t sent me a payment?
- Yes, you can block someone on Venmo even if they haven’t sent you a payment.
- What if I want to block someone permanently?
- If you want to block someone permanently, you can delete their contact information from your Venmo account. To do this, open the Venmo app, tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen, select “Settings”, scroll down and tap “Contacts”, and then tap the person you want to delete.