Are you among the customers that have asked “Why Did Instacart Charge Me $100?” This post explains everything you need to know about the $100 or $99 charge you are seeing on your bank statement from Instacart and how you can avoid the charge.
Instacart is one of the most popular online shopping apps, the idea of actually getting someone to do your shopping and drop them off for you is what particularly draws people to the app.
With Instacart, you can shop items at Sprouts Farmers, Walgreens, Safeway, Costo, Rainbow Grocery, and other popular store and have them delivered to you.
That being said, several customers have been complaining of getting charged by Instacart even when they haven’t placed orders.
If you have been asking “why did Instacart charge me $100?” This post will give you every information you need and how you can get your money back.
- Why Did Instacart Charge Me $100?
- Why Did Instacart Charge Me $99?
- What Is The $99 Instacart Fee?
- Instacart $99 Fee Refund
- Does Instacart Charge A Monthly Fee?
- How Do I Cancel My Instacart Subscription And Get A Refund?
- How Do I Cancel My Instacart Monthly Fee?
- Instacart Refused To Refund My Subscription
- Why Is Instacart Trying To Charge Me?
- How To Avoid Being Charged $100 By Instacart
- What Are The Extra Charges On Instacart?
Why Did Instacart Charge Me $100?
If you were charged $100 by Instacart when you didn’t make any purchase, it surely means that you had signed up for the Instacart Plus subscription. It is possible you did this without knowing, you had accepted the 14 days trial and forgot to cancel the trial within the 14 days.
Sometimes these ads do not come directly, you may be told to enjoy Instacart free same-day delivery, 5% credit back, or any other juicy offer, clicking on any of these things while shopping on Instacart will likely activate the Instacart Plus service.
In recent times, several Instacart customers have complained of getting the $100 charge even when they didn’t activate the Instacart Plus service. Truth is, it is nearly impossible to get charged for a service you NEVER subscribed.
The only problem here is that sometimes, these offers are not made to look like ads, a customer may not know that they are activating the Instacart Plus service by accepting any offer, this is a bit of dishonesty on Instacart’s part. Also read Will Instacart Deliver To A Hotel?
Why Did Instacart Charge Me $99?
The $99 charge from Instacart you are seeing on your account is for the Instacart Plus service which you subscribed either knowingly or unknowingly and the 14 days trial has elapsed, this is why you are getting charged.
Once the Instacart Plus 14 days trial is over, your account will be charged $99 for the Intacart Plus yearly subscription, this is unless there are no funds on the credit card on your Instacart account.
However, if you are getting the $99 charge and wondering how you can get a refund, you simply need to cancel the subscription.
What Is The $99 Instacart Fee?
The $99 Instacart fee is the yearly subscription amount for the Instacart Plus service. This was formerly known as Instacart Express and the yearly charge remains at $99.
Thee Instacart Plus service gives you access to premium shopping and delivery services offered by Instacart. Apart from getting free same-day deliveries, you get 5% charge back on pickup as well as lower service fees. Also read
Instacart $99 Fee Refund
The Instacart Plus subscription can be canceled anytime and a refund made, this is as long as the customer has not made any use of the service and you need to cancel it within the first 15 days.
To get the Instacart $99 fee refund, follow the steps below;
- Launch the Instacart app or visit the website.
- Sign in to your account with your details.
- Click on “Your Instacart+ Membership”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Cancel Membership”.
- Press the “Continue” button.
- You can give reasons for canceling the subscription (optional).
- Click “End on [date]” to cancel the subscription.
- You will receive a confirmation email and your refund will be processed and sent.
Does Instacart Charge A Monthly Fee?
Instacart doesn’t charge monthly fees for using their app, you only get charged if you subscribed for the Instacart Plus service, this can be monthly or yearly. The monthly fee for the Instacart Plus service is $9.99 and it gives you access to unlimited free delivery when you place an order above $35.
Apart from the Instacart Plus service, there is no other monthly charges by Instacart. There are other juicy benefits you’ll enjoy when subscribing to the Instacart Plus service, this can be canceled anytime. Want to learn how to cancel Instacart service and get your refund? Continue reading this post.
How Do I Cancel My Instacart Subscription And Get A Refund?
To cancel your Instacart subscription and be eligible for a refund, you need to cancel it within 15 days and make sure you have not used the service. Follow the steps below to cancel your Instacaart subscription and get a refund.
- Visit the Instacart website or launch the app.
- Sign in with your account details.
- Select the “Your Instacart+ Membership” option.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and select “Cancel Membership”.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Give reasons for canceling your subscription (this is optional).
- Press the “End on [date]” button to cancel the subscription.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you and your refund will be processed.
Also read How To Make A Second Instacart Account
How Do I Cancel My Instacart Monthly Fee?
The Instacart Plus monthly subscription can be canceled anytime on the user account dashboard. Depending on when you cancel the subscription, you’ll get a refund. Follow the steps below on how to cancel Instacart monthly fee.
- Visit the Instacart website or launch the Instacart app on your device.
- Make sure you have signed in to your Instacart account.
- Navigate to where you have the “Your Instacart+ Membership” and select it.
- Get to the bottom of the page and select the option that says “Cancel Membership”.
- Click “Continue” to proceed.
- Provide reasons for canceling the subscription (this is optional).
- Click on the “End on [date]” option to cancel the subscription.
The above steps will cancel the Instacart monthly fee.
Instacart Refused To Refund My Subscription
If your subscription was cancel and you have not received a refund, it is possible that you have used the Instacart Plus service and/or you canceled after 15 days from the date you were charged for the service.
To get a refund after canceling an Instacart subscription, you should ensure that you haven’t used the service and also cancel it within 15 days from when you paid for the Instacart Plus service.
Why Is Instacart Trying To Charge Me?
Instacart is possibly trying to charge you for the Instacart Plus service since the trial period has elapsed. If you are seeing an attempt by Instacart to charge you, it means you had subscribed for an Instacart service and the trial period is over.
There was a claim several months ago that Instacart were automatically signing people up for free trials, several people also claimed to have been signed up without their consent. It turned out that these people accepted some free offers while using the Instacart app or website.
How To Avoid Being Charged $100 By Instacart
You can avoid the extra charges by Instacart if you are not interested in using their special service. While using their app or on the website, ensure not to accept any offer no matter how juicy they appear, read the guide below.
- Do not accept any offer both on Instacart app or website.
- Periodically check on “Your Instacart+ Membership” on your account for any active subscription and cancel it.
- Always check your email for mails from Instacart, this should include promotional mails. Instacart usually notify customers whenever they have subscribed to any service.
What Are The Extra Charges On Instacart?
While shopping on the Instacart platform, the extra charges are at least 5% service fee, $3.99 delivery fee, and a tip for the shopper handling your order. The only way to avoid some of these extra charges is to subscribe to the Instacart Plus service.