This article gives a complete answer to the question “Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country?” Amazon gift cards are one of the easiest ways of sending money for purchase of eligible goods to friends and family residing in the United States and several other countries.
While it’s relatively easy to send an Amazon gift card to anyone living in the United States or in your country, sending an Amazon gift card to someone in another country is a whole different thing and involves a lot of turnarounds.
As you might have been aware, Amazon gift cards are only redeemable at Amazon and its affiliates. Also, Amazon gift cards is only meant for purchase of eligible goods and services.
Being the largest online retail shop, Amazon offers its customers a wide variety of goods, you can find almost everything you want to buy at Amazon. This makes their gift cards one of the most valued gift cards in the world.
So, Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country? Yes, you can send an Amazon gift card to another country. However, there are several factors that may hinder you from sending an Amazon gift card to another country.
Lastly, there are certain things you must do if you have to successfully send an Amazon gift card to another country.
Considering that the question ‘Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country?’ has been asked by several internet users, we took it upon us make a research, continue reading to know what we found out.
- Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country?
- Amazon International Gift Card
- Steps To Take Before Sending Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
- What You Should Know Before Sending Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
- Countries That Amazon Gift Cards Can Be Used
- How To Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
- Can I Give My Amazon e Gift Card To Someone Else?
- Send Amazon Gift Card From UK To US
- Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Person
- How To Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Person
- Send Amazon Gift Card from UK to Canada
- Can I Buy an Amazon Gift Card for Someone in Germany?
- Send Amazon Gift Card To Mexico
- Can I Use Amazon Gift Card To Buy Other Gift Cards?
Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country?
Yes, it is possible to send Amazon gift card to a friend or family that is residing in another country. As long as the intended recipient is not staying in the same country as you, you’ll have to take a different process to buy the gift card.
Let’s explain this, you can’t stay in the United States, buy an Amazon gift card and send to someone residing in the United Kingdom, the same rule applies vice versa.
Each Amazon gift card is tied to a particular region and can only be redeemed at Amazon or affiliates website for that region.
Don’t get confused over this, an Amazon gift card purchased at Amazon in Germany can’t be at Amazon in France, and vice versa. So, if you are planning to send an Amazon gift card to someone in Germany and you staying in the United States, you’ll need to purchase the gift card at the Amazon website for Germany.
Continue reading this article to have a better understanding and know how to send Amazon gift card to another country.
Amazon International Gift Card
Amazon International Gift Cards offers you an opportunity to send a gift to someone in another country, the person can use the gift card to shop on Amazon in their own country. These gift cards can be used to purchase anything that is sold on Amazon in the recipient’s country.
To purchase an Amazon International Gift Card, you will need to select the country that you want the gift card to be sent to. You can then choose the amount of the gift card and the delivery method. Amazon International Gift Cards can be delivered by email, mail, or in a gift box.
Once the gift card has been purchased, the recipient will receive an email or letter with the gift card code. They can then enter the code on the Amazon website in their country to redeem the gift card.
Steps To Take Before Sending Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
Just before deciding to purchase an Amazon gift card and send to someone in another country, there are steps you must take to ascertain if it will be possible for the intended recipient to use the card.
It isn’t enough to just purchase and send an Amazon gift card to someone in another country, what’s most important is the ability to redeem the gift card and use it for purchase.
Before you think of purchasing an Amazon gift card to send to someone in another country, take the following steps first.
- Check If Amazon Has A Website For The Recipient’s Country: This is the first thing you must check because Amazon doesn’t have their online stores in every country. Amazon currently operates in about 21 countries/regions, check to ensure that the recipient’s country is in the list of countries Amazon currently operates. Understand this, Amazon can be accessed in over 100 countries across the globe, this doesn’t mean they operate in those countries. When it comes to countries they operate in, the list is quite few.
- Check If Amazon Gift Card Is Available In Recipient Country: As a marketplace, Amazon is available is several countries globally. However, not all of them have Amazon gift cards. What this mean is that Amazon gift cards have selected countries which they can be used. Even though you can use your Amazon account across several country Amazon websites, the gift card can only work in some counties. So, you need to check if Amazon gift card is available in the intended recipient’s country.
- Check The Recipient’s Country Currency: Although, this won’t really hinder you from sending the gift card, it is always advisable you purchase the Amazon gift card in the right currency, this will help you to know the exact value of the gift card you are sending. That being said, the currency setting on Amazon is always set to default if a customer makes a purchase directly on the Amazon website, it’s very rare to see customers encountering currency problems while trying to buy an Amazon gift card for someone in another country.
What You Should Know Before Sending Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
Just before you send Amazon gift card to another country, there are quite a few things you should have in mind, read them below.
- Amazon Gift Cards Are Locked To Regions: Each Amazon gift card is locked to a particular region. The gift card can only be redeemed in the same Amazon country website where it was purchased. This means that if an Amazon gift card was bought at Amazon United States website, you can’t redeem it at the Amazon website for France.
- Amazon Gift Card Can Only Be Redeemed By One User: An Amazon gift card can’t be shared among users, this should erase the thought that you can send a gift card for two or more people in just one card. If you want to send gifts to more than one person, you’ll have to send the gift cards individually, one gift card can’t be shared. Lastly, Amazon gift card balance cant be transfered.
Countries That Amazon Gift Cards Can Be Used
Currently, Amazon gift cards can be redeemed in 21 countries, you can buy an Amazon gift card from any of these countries’ Amazon website and have it sent to your recipient. Note that the recipient must redeem the gift card on the same Amazon country’s website.
The countries where Amazon gift cards can be redeemed are; Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and United States.
If you want to send an Amazon gift card to anyone residing in any of these countries or to be redeemed by the recipient in any of the countries’ Amazon websites, you must change the country setting to that country before making the purchase. Also read: How To Undo A Gift Card On Amazon – Complete Guide
How To Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country
Once you’ve checked on the boxes and certain that your intended recipient can redeem the Amazon gift card, you can go ahead and make the purchase.
Follow the steps below to know how to send Amazon gift card to another country.
Visit Amazon Website or App
You can visit the Amazon website on your PC or use the Amazon app on your phone. Remember to sign in to your Amazon account using your Amazon username and password.
Change The Country To The Recipient’s Country
Once you’ve logged in, you need to change the country to the recipient’s country. This will enable you to buy the Amazon gift card designated for the recipient’s country.
To do this, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the flag right before the country.
It will open the website country/region page. Click on the present country under the ‘select your preferred country/region website’ and select the recipient’s country. After selecting the country, click on the yellow button that says ‘Go to website’.
Shop For The Amazon Gift Card
Once it opens the country’s Amazon website, simply search for the Amazon gift card you want to purchase, click on it. Decide whether it’s an eGift card or physical card that you want to purchase. If it’s an eGift card, you can insert the recipient’s email address so the card can be delivered.
After selecting the card, chose the amount of insert a custom amount in the ‘other’ box. Include a message, quantity, then click ‘Buy Now’.
Select A Payment Option
After you’ve clicked the ‘Buy Now’ button, you will be redirected to the checkout page. Select the payment option you want to use. Amazon will accept a USD payment even if you are purchasing the card in another currency.
You can make your payment with credit or debit card, or you can pay with your personal checking account. Proceed once you’ve added your payment method.
Review Order And Purchase
Amazon always allow customers to review their orders to ensure there are no mistakes, confirm every detail you’ve provided before finalizing the payment.
If it was an eGift card, the intended recipient will receive the gift card via email you provided, you can also send details of the gift card to the recipient via text message, or email.
Can I Give My Amazon e Gift Card To Someone Else?
Yes, an Amazon eGift card isn’t really yours until it has been redeemed by you. If for any reason you want to send your Amazon eGift card to someone else, it will only work if you have not redeemed the card on your account yet.
Whoever you are sending the eGift card to must have or open a new account on Amazon. The eGift card can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services on the Amazon website and its affiliates.
Simply send details of the Amazon eGift card to the person, that person will now redeem it on his or her account. You can send eGift cards to people via text message or email. Also read do Amazon gift cards expire?
Send Amazon Gift Card From UK To US
For anyone residing in the UK and intending to send an Amazon gift card to the US, the person has to change the country to US before making the purchase.
If you buy an Amazon gift card at Amazon.co.uk, that gift card can’t be redeemed at Amazon.com, or any other country’s Amazon website, it must be redeemed at Amazon.co.uk.
So, if you are trying to send an Amazon gift card to anyone in the US, you must change the country to the United States before purchasing the card. Simply visit Amazon website, log in with your details, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the flag just before the country name.
The above action will open a new page, click on the country and change it to ‘United States’. Once you’ve done this, you can go ahead to purchase the Amazon gift card and send to the person.
Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Person
Of course you can send an Amazon gift card to another person! In fact, it’s a great way to show someone you care without having to pick out a physical gift. You can choose the amount of the gift card and have it delivered by email, text message, or mail. The recipient will then be able to use the gift card to purchase anything they want on Amazon.
Additionally, you must know that the recipient must have an Amazon account to redeem the gift card. The gift card code is valid for one year from the date of purchase. Lastly, if the recipient loses the gift card code, they can contact Amazon customer service to request a new one.
How To Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Person
Sending an Amazon gift card to another person is quite easy, you only need the recipient’s phone number or email address. Below are the steps on how to send an Amazon gift card to another person:
- Go to the Amazon gift cards website.
- Select card type whether eCard, physical card, or print at home.
- Select the amount of the gift card and the delivery method (email or text).
- Enter the recipient’s email address or phone number.
- (Optional) Add a personal message.
- Insert your name, choose quantity.
- Select delivery date.
- Review your order and click “Add to cart or buy now”.
- Proceed to checkout to complete the process.
Send Amazon Gift Card from UK to Canada
To send an Amazon gift card from the UK to Canada, the country must be changed to Canada before purchasing the gift card.
Amazon has different websites for different countries of operation, each gift card is locked to the country where it was purchased.
Follow the steps we have explained earlier on this article and change the country to Canada before making the purchase.
Can I Buy an Amazon Gift Card for Someone in Germany?
Yes, Germany is one of the countries Amazon is currently operating, you can send a German Amazon gift card to someone in Germany.
This can be done irrespective of your present country, all you need to do is to change the country to Germany before you buy the gift card on Amazon.
Amazon allows customers to change countries while making purchases, take note that the currency you’ll see after changing the country to Germany will be different from what you had previously.
That said, you’ll still be able to make payment using a USD account.
Send Amazon Gift Card To Mexico
Amazon operates in Mexico, it means that customers can send Amazon gift from other countries to Mexico.
To send an Amazon gift card to someone in Mexico, simply change the country/region to Mexico then proceed to purchase the gift card.
Follow the steps we’ve provided on this article to change countries on Amazon.
Can I Use Amazon Gift Card To Buy Other Gift Cards?
No, Amazon gift card terms and conditions clearly states that customers can’t use their Amazon gift card balance to purchase other gift cards.
The Amazon gift cards can only be used to purchase eligible goods and services at Amazon and its affiliates.
So, Can I Send Amazon Gift Card To Another Country? Yes, you can send an Amazon gift card to someone in another country, ensure that the gift card is purchased in the recipient country’s Amazon website.