After reading this article, you will know How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon. In Amazon, a residential address is your billing address or also referred to as your permanent address.
Buyers are able to set different addresses for delivery of items they purchased on Amazon, this is not necessarily the billing or residential address, Amazon orders can be delivered to multiple addresses.
The multi-delivery feature on Amazon allows customers to buy several products in one purchase and have them sent to different addresses.
It’s always advisable that you pay attention when inserting an address for your items, a mistake can cause a delay in delivery or even loss of your package. As an Amazon customer, you can edit or delete your saved addresses on your account, you can also edit your billing or residential address, this can be done anytime without limit.
If you are wondering how to change your residential address on Amazon, take your time and read this article.
- How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon
- What Is Shipping Address In Amazon?
- What Is A Billing Address In Amazon?
- Different Billing And Shipping Address Amazon
- Change Billing Address Amazon
- How To Change Billing Address In Amazon App
- How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon For Digital Purchases
- How To Remove Residential Address For Digital Purchases On Amazon
- How To Change Shipping Address On Amazon App
- Amazon Shipping Address Problem
- Can’t Change Shipping Address Amazon
- Your Addresses Are Not Currently Available. Please Close This Window And Try Again
- How Do I Change My Actual Account Address On Amazon?
How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon
Your residential address on Amazon is your billing address, this is basically the address linked to your payment card. Except you made a mistake in the billing address you entered before, it isn’t advisable to change your residential address to something different from what’s on the bank card.
If you want to know how to set a different residential address on Amazon website, follow the steps below;
- On your browser, visit Amazon website.
- Log in to your Amazon account if you haven’t done so.
- Locate the ‘Accounts and Lists’ option and click on it.
- Click on ‘Payment Options’.
- You will see all the cards you’ve added to your account.
- Select any of the cards and you’ll see an option to change or edit the card’s billing address.
- Follow the screen instructions to change the billing address for the card.
What Is Shipping Address In Amazon?
A shipping address in Amazon is the location where your item will be delivered to, this is where Amazon will deliver your package. It’s not just Amazon, shipping address is generally the location of delivery, it is usually provided by a buyer during purchase or the shipper. Once an item is purchased on Amazon, the buyer will need to provide an address for the items to be delivered.
A shipping address doesn’t have to be the billing address, you can provide any convenience address as a shipping address, it has to be an accessible location to allow for successful delivery of your package. A shipping address can be your office address, or friend’s address. Also read if Amazon ships to Costa Rica
What Is A Billing Address In Amazon?
Technically, a billing address in Amazon is the buyers default, residential, or permanent address. A billing address is the same address that is on the buyer’s monthly bank statement or credit card.
This is the default address where goods ordered by a customer will be delivered, except the buyer specifies otherwise. In many platforms, you billing address is used to verify your identify to prevent fraud, a billing address provided must always be the same as the one linked with the buyer’s credit card.
What this means is that you can’t just provide any address as a billing address, it must be the same address you have on your bank account, this helps during identity verification.
In summary, a billing address is the address that is associated with your payment method. It is typically the address where your credit card or bank account is registered. When you checkout on Amazon, you will be asked to enter your billing address. You can choose from one of your saved addresses or add a new one.
Different Billing And Shipping Address Amazon
A shipping address doesn’t always have to be the same as the billing address on the buyer’s account. A buyer can have a different billing and shipping address for a particular order. This is often done when you are buying a gift for someone and you want the order shipped to their address, but you want to use your own credit card to pay for it, or you want the order to be delivered at your work place.
This is to say that each order made on Amazon can be delivered to a different shipping address other than the billing address. All the buyer needs to do is to carefully insert the pin codes and phone numbers accurately to avoid loss.
Amazon allows users to have multiple shipping addresses for different orders, these addresses can be modified or removed at any time.
Please note that some sellers on Amazon may not allow you to use a different billing address and shipping address. This is usually because they want to verify the billing address in order to prevent fraud. If you are not sure whether or not a seller will allow you to use a different billing address and shipping address, you can contact the seller directly. Read about Amazon Package Running Late No Tracking
Change Billing Address Amazon
As a buyer on Amazon, you can change your default billing address easily without breaking a glass.
Note that the billing address must be the same as monthly bank statement or credit card address, you ain’t allowed to use an address different from what you have on your account statement.
Importantly, you must note that a billing address is different from shipping address, your billing address is always written on your Amazon bill and it is your permanent address. Below is how to change billing address on Amazon:
- Go to your Amazon account.
- Click on the “Account & Lists” drop-down menu and select “Your Account”.
- Locate the “Payment Options” at the left-hand side.
- Under the “Payment Methods” section, select the payment method that you want to change the billing address for.
- Tap the “Edit” button just by the billing address
- Enter the new billing address information and click on “Save”.
Note: You can also add a new billing address by clicking on the “Add address” button. Also read Does Amazon Deliver On Memorial Day?
How To Change Billing Address In Amazon App
Amazon app users can easily change their billing addresses on the app, the process is so no different from changing on the website.
To change your billing address in Amazon app, follow the guide below.
- Launch the Amazon app.
- Log in to your account if your have not done that already.
- At the top-left corner of the Amazon homescreen, tap the hamburger icon or 3 horizontal lines.
- Tap ‘Your Account’ at the left sidebar.
- From the next page, scroll down and press ‘Your Account’.
- Scroll down again and press ‘Manage Payment Options’.
- Press the Edit option below the card you want to edit its billing address.
- Press ‘Edit and Change Billing’.
- Follow the prompt to change your billing address.
How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon For Digital Purchases
Users are allowed to set a different residential address for digital purchases on Amazon, the steps to changing your digital purchase address on Amazon is quite different from changing your normal shipping address.
To set a different residential address for your digital purchases, follow the guide below.
- Log in to your Amazon account if you haven’t done that already.
- Look at the top-right corner of the page and click on “Accounts & Lists”.
- Under “Your Account”, click on “Account”.
- Look under “Ordering and shopping preferences” and select the “Your addresses” option.
- Select “Remove” under the current digital purchase address, it will display a remove error box.
- Press the “set a different residential address for your digital purchases” link.
- Select the new address from existing addresses or type in a new address you want to use for your digital purchases.
- Click the “Update” button once you are done. Once you follow the steps given above, you’ll easily set a different residential address for your digital purchases.
How To Remove Residential Address For Digital Purchases On Amazon
If you are wondering how to Remove residential address for digital purchases on Amazon, follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Click ‘Your Addresses‘.
- Locate the address you want to remove and click on ‘Delete’ located below the address.
Also Read: How To Resign From Amazon – Full Guide
How To Change Shipping Address On Amazon App
You can change your shipping address for an order as long as it has entered the shipping process. If you are wondering how to change shipping address on Amazon app, follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Navigate to Your Orders.
- Locate the order you want to change its shipping address and click ‘Change’ next to shipping address of the order.
- Insert the new shipping address and click ‘Save Address’.
Amazon Shipping Address Problem
There are a few reasons why you might be getting an error message when trying to set your shipping address on Amazon, read them below:
- Make sure that you are entering the address correctly, all of the information should be spelled correctly, and the address should be formatted in the correct way.
- Make sure that the address is deliverable, not all addresses are eligible for shipping, so you can check the Amazon address widget on the product page to see if the address you are entering is eligible.
- If you are shipping to a PO box, make sure that the PO box is located in a supported area.
- If you are shipping to a military address, make sure that you are using the correct address format.
- If you are still having problems, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
If you have checked all of these things and you are still getting an error message, you can contact Amazon customer service for help.
Can’t Change Shipping Address Amazon
You will not be able to change the shipping address for an item that has entered the shipping process. That is, if you are unable to change the shipping address for an item, it is an indication that the item has entered the Amazon shipping process, it has commenced the journey to its delivery location. Below are the reasons you can’t change shipping address on Amazon:
- The order has already shipped. Once an order has shipped, you can no longer change the shipping address.
- The order is being shipped to a locker or a gift address. You cannot change the shipping address for orders that are being shipped to a locker or a gift address.
- The order contains multiple items and you are trying to change the shipping address for only one item. In this case, you will need to change the shipping address for each item individually.
- There is a problem with the new shipping address. The new shipping address must be valid and it must be a shipping address that Amazon can ship to.
If you are unable to change the shipping address on an Amazon order, you can contact Amazon customer service for assistance. They may be able to help you change the shipping address or they may recommend that you cancel the order and place a new order with the correct shipping address.
Your Addresses Are Not Currently Available. Please Close This Window And Try Again
Once you see this message, you need to sign out of your Amazon account and sign in again. If this does not solve the problem, check to see if you have the updated version of Amazon app or Chrome browser.
If you get the message ‘Your addresses are not currently available Amazon’, check if your address is deliverable, remove the address and add it again.
How Do I Change My Actual Account Address On Amazon?
Below are the steps on how to change your actual account address on Amazon:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Click on the Account & Lists tab.
- Under Your Account, click on Address Book.
- Click on the address that you want to change.
- Make the necessary changes to the address.
- Click on Save.