On this post, you’ll learn How To Refuse A Package From Amazon. Amazon permits customers to refuse and cancel orders anytime if it becomes necessary. As long as you’ve not taken delivery of the package, refusing or cancelling it is relatively easy.
This article will clearly explain how to refuse a package from Amazon and how long does Amazon take to refund a cancelled order.
The process of cancelling and refusing an order depends on the shipping status of the package, you’ll learn these different processes on this article.
- You can refuse an order immediately after purchase.
- An order that is shipped already can be refused and cancelled.
- Even a delivered order can be returned.
- Items that were purchased as part of a discounted bundle can not be individually cancelled.
We are going to explain everything regarding how to refuse a package from Amazon and everything that relates to cancelling orders on Amazon.
- Can I Refuse Amazon Delivery?
- How To Refuse Delivery Amazon
- How To Refuse A Package From Amazon
- If I Refuse Delivery Will I Get A Refund Amazon?
- How To Cancel Amazon Order
- Cancel Amazon Order After Payment
- How To Cancel Amazon Order After Shipping In App
- Can’t Cancel Amazon Order
- How Long Does Amazon Take To Refund A Cancelled Order?
- If I Cancel An Item On Amazon Will I Get My Money Back
- Cancelled Amazon Order But Still Charged
- How To Cancel An Amazon Order On iPhone
- Amazon Cancelled My Order
Can I Refuse Amazon Delivery?
Yes, you can always refuse an Amazon delivery, you can also inform someone who is taking the delivery for you to refuse the package. This can be done when the courier arrives at the delivery address. If you are not home when the delivery arrives, you can leave a note for the driver refusing the delivery. You can also refuse the delivery if you are home and the driver arrives. Simply tell the driver that you are refusing the delivery and they will take it back with them.
However, you should provide a tangible reason for rejecting the package. Understand that you are only going to get a refund of the item purchase and not shipping label cost.
If you refuse an Amazon delivery, the package will be returned to Amazon. You will not be charged for the item and you will not receive a refund. However, you may be eligible for a refund if you return the item to Amazon within 30 days of the delivery date.
How To Refuse Delivery Amazon
To refuse a delivery from Amazon, simply inform the courier that you do not want to take delivery of the package, the order will be termed as refuse as long as you’ve not taken delivery.
This can also be done by someone who is taking delivery on your behalf, the person just needs to inform the delivery man that they are not taking delivery of the package.
If the package was left at your door, you can call the courier company and let them know that you refuse the package. (Ensure that the package has not been opened or tempered with). Once the package has been opened, it can’t be returned, so don’t temper with it.
How To Refuse A Package From Amazon
If you were not expecting a package or you got the wrong package, you can outrightly inform the courier that you are not taking delivery of the package.
Even if the above reasons are not the case, you can still refuse the package.
Once a package has been refused by the recipient, it will be flagged and subsequently sent back to Amazon.
Like we said earlier, ensure the package has not been tempered with before refusing or returning it. Below is how to refuse a package from Amazon:
- Confirm that the package being delivered is really not what you wanted and be sure you want to refuse it.
- Politely inform the delivery person that you would like to refuse the package. You can say something like, “I’m sorry, but I would like to refuse this package.”
- While not necessary, you can provide a brief reason for refusing the package. For example, you could say, “I no longer need the item,” or “I mistakenly placed the order.”
- Make sure not to accept the package from the delivery person, refrain from opening it as well.
- Request the delivery person to return the package to the sender, the delivery man may ask you to sign or acknowledge the refusal on their handheld device or a delivery note.
- Double-check with the delivery person that the package will be returned to Amazon, you can ask for a receipt or confirmation if available.
If I Refuse Delivery Will I Get A Refund Amazon?
As long as you provided valid reasons for not accepting the package you ordered from Amazon, you’ll surely get your money back. Understand that you will not get a refund of the shipping label cost as the order had been shipped to the delivery location. You are only going to get a refund of the item purchase amount.
This is why it is better to cancel an package before it gets into the shipping process., you’ll learn how to cancel Amazon order later on this post. Also read How To Cancel Amazon Freetime Without Device
- If you refuse delivery because the item is damaged or defective, you will be eligible for a full refund. Amazon has a 30-day return policy for most items, and you can return a damaged or defective item for free. To do this, you will need to contact Amazon customer service and request a return authorization. Once you have received the return authorization, you can package the item and ship it back to Amazon. Amazon will then issue a full refund, including the original shipping charges.
- If you refuse delivery because you no longer want the item, you may or may not be eligible for a refund. Amazon’s return policy depends on the item and why you are returning it. For example, you may be able to return an item for free within 30 days of purchase, but you may have to pay a restocking fee if you return the item after 30 days. To check Amazon’s return policy for a specific item, you can view the item’s product page.
- If you refuse delivery because you are not home to accept the package, you will not be eligible for a refund. Amazon will not refund you for an item that you refuse to accept. If you are not home to accept a package, you can have it redirected to a different address or held at a local pickup location.
How To Cancel Amazon Order
As long as an order has not yet entered the shipping process, it can be easily cancelled and refunds will be made.
Follow the steps below to cancel Amazon order.
- On Amazon platform, click Your Orders.
- Click ‘Cancel Order’
- Select all items if you wish to cancel everything, or select each item you want to cancel.
- Click ‘Cancel Checked Items’.
You will be receive a message confirming that your order has been successfully cancelled.
If your order was successfully canceled, you will see it in the ‘Canceled Orders’ section.
You can also check the Message Center in your account for a message regarding the cancelled order.
Cancel Amazon Order After Payment
Yes, you can cancel an Amazon order after payment, but it depends on the status of the order.
- If the order has not yet entered the shipping process, you can cancel it through your Amazon account. To do this, go to Your Orders and select the order you want to cancel. Then, click Cancel Items and select the items you want to cancel, you must provide a reason why you are cancelling the order.
- If the order has already entered the shipping process, you can still request a cancellation, but it is not guaranteed. To do this, contact Amazon customer service and explain why you want to cancel the order. They will try to cancel the order for you, but they may not be able to do so if the order has already been shipped.
If your order is canceled, you will receive a refund to the original payment method. The amount of time it takes to receive the refund depends on your payment method. You need to also read How To Uncancel Amazon Order.
How To Cancel Amazon Order After Shipping In App
Once an order has been shipped, it can not be cancelled. At this point, the recipient can only reject or refuse the package and it will be returned to Amazon. If you are a seller and the buyer informs you that he or she wants to cancel the order, you can inform the buyer that the order has already been shipped. If the buyer insists on cancelling, you can advice him or her to refuse taking delivery of the package and it will be returned.
Do not fail to inform the buyer that only the amount used in purchasing the items will be refunded. Let them know that the shipping label fee will not be refunded.
Can’t Cancel Amazon Order
If you are unable to cancel an Amazon order, it means that the order has commenced the Amazon shipping process. Packages that have been shipped out can not be canceled. The only option available at this point is for the recipient to refuse or return the package.
So if you can’t find the option to cancel the order, it means that the order has entered the shipping process and it is on its way to the delivery address.
How Long Does Amazon Take To Refund A Cancelled Order?
Amazon generally processes refunds within 3-5 business days after the order is canceled. However, the actual time it takes to receive the refund may vary depending on your payment method. Refunds to credit cards typically take 3-5 business days to post to your account, refunds to Amazon gift cards are processed instantly and are available to use immediately, refunds to debit cards may take up to 10 business days to post to your account, while refunds to bank accounts may take up to 10 business days to post to your account.
If I Cancel An Item On Amazon Will I Get My Money Back
Yes, you will get your money back once you have successfully canceled an order on Amazon. Ensure to check that the order was canceled successfully. Also check your email for a confirmation mail from Amazon.
Understand this, you can only cancel an item that has not yet shipped. If the item has already shipped, you will need to return it to Amazon in order to receive a refund. The amount of the refund will be the same as the amount you paid for the item, minus any shipping or handling charges.
Lastly, if you used a promotional code to purchase the item, the promotional code amount will not be refunded.
Cancelled Amazon Order But Still Charged
If you were charged by Amazon even after you had successfully canceled an order, it is likely the case of charge authorization. It will often remain as a pending charge and will drop off before 5 days.
However, if it does not drop off, you can contact Amazon customer service to make the complain. Below are the few reasons for cancelled Amazon order but still charged issue:
- The order was already shipped before you canceled it. If the order was already shipped, Amazon may not be able to cancel it. You will need to return the item to Amazon in order to receive a refund.
- The charge was a pre-authorization hold. When you place an order on Amazon, the company may place a pre-authorization hold on your credit card. This is a temporary hold on the funds, and it is usually released within a few days. However, if the order is canceled, the pre-authorization hold may not be released immediately. It can take up to 10 business days for the hold to be released.
- There was a problem with the cancellation process. If you canceled the order through your Amazon account, but the order was still charged, there may have been a problem with the cancellation process. You can contact Amazon customer service to investigate the issue.
How To Cancel An Amazon Order On iPhone
To cancel an Amazon order on iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Open the Amazon app on your iPhone.
- Locate the Menu by tapping the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner.
- Press ‘Your Orders’.
- Select the order you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel Items’.
- Tap ‘Cancel Checked Items.
Sure, here are the steps on how to cancel an Amazon order on your iPhone:
- Open the Amazon app.
- Tap on the Account & Lists icon (the person icon in the bottom right corner).
- Tap on Your Orders.
- Select the order that you want to cancel.
- Tap on Cancel Items.
- Select the items that you want to cancel.
- Tap on Cancel Items again.
Amazon will process the refund within 3-5 business days. The refund will be credited to the original payment method that you used to purchase the item.
Amazon Cancelled My Order
Your order may be cancelled by Amazon because of several reasons like; your account being frozen, pricing errors, orders were more than existing stock, item undeliverable, etc.
If your order was canceled by Amazon, read some of the possible reasons below:
- The item was out of stock. This is the most common reason for an order to be cancelled. Amazon will usually notify you if an item is out of stock before you place your order, but sometimes the item can go out of stock after you place your order.
- The seller went out of business. This is less common, but it can happen. If the seller who sold you the item goes out of business, Amazon will cancel your order.
- Your payment method was declined. If your payment method was declined, Amazon will not be able to process your order. This can happen if your credit card is expired or if you do not have enough funds in your account.
- There was a problem with your order information. If there was a problem with your order information, such as an incorrect address, Amazon may cancel your order.
If your Amazon order was cancelled, you will receive a notification from Amazon. The notification will tell you the reason for the cancellation and how to proceed. If you are still interested in purchasing the item, you can try to order it again.