This article shows you How To Become A Verified Seller On eBay. Every new seller on eBay wants to get verified, this enables you to start selling on the eBay platform. While getting verified on eBay is pretty straightforward, we’ll point out some relating aspects that will be of immense benefit to new sellers.
Just like we said earlier, getting verified as a seller on eBay is pretty simple, this may not be the major reason why several sellers are surfing the internet on ‘how to become a verified seller on eBay’. Truth is, lots of sellers are actually trying to find out how to get their accounts to a recognizable standard on eBay, how to get presented as a trusted seller on eBay, this is what most sellers are trying to figure out.
So, you are not only going to get a guide on how to get verified literally on eBay, you will be guided on what you should do to get your account automatically ranked as Top-Rated. When your account is ranked top-rated, you would possibly get more sales. Several buyers prefer to buy from top-rated sellers, this is because sellers who are ranked as top-rated have met certain requirements which shows they can be trusted.
On this article, we are going to provide answers to several questions regarding how to become a verified seller on eBay.
eBay You Need To Verify Your Account
This message from eBay means you have to verify your eBay account email, location and phone number. Everyone registering on eBay must verify their account before being able to sell and buy.
The process is just a typical way of verifying account, you will get an instruction from eBay sent to your email.
To do this, simply open your email and check for the mail from eBay. Click on the link that has been sent to you and follow the instruction.
How To Become A Verified Seller On eBay
Becoming a verified seller on eBay comes with certain conditions, each seller must meet the minimum requirements before being verified, read how to become a verified seller on eBay below:
- Create an eBay account: You can create a personal or business account.
- Verify your identity: You will need to provide your full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number (SSN).
- Verify your bank account: You can do this by providing two microdeposits (small payments) to your account.
- Meet the performance standards: To become a verified seller, you must meet the following performance standards:
- Have an active account for at least 90 days.
- Have 100 or more transactions and $1,000 in sales during the last 12 months with US buyers.
- Have a defect rate of less than or equal to 0.5%, with three or fewer defects from unique buyers.
- Have a late shipment rate of less than or equal to 3%, and five or fewer late shipments.
- Track all shipments and provide carrier validation for 95% of transactions to US buyers.
Once you have met all of the requirements, you will be automatically promoted to a verified seller.
Please note that anyone whose country is not listed on eBay will not be eligible to sell on the platform.
You can check a list of eligible eBay countries here.
How To Become A Verified Seller On eBay For Free
To become a verified seller, you must meet certain requirements, including:
- Having an active eBay account for at least 90 days.
- Having a feedback score of 100 or higher.
- Having a 95% or higher positive feedback rating.
- Having a valid PayPal account.
- Having a credit card or bank account linked to your PayPal account.
- Providing your Social Security number or Tax ID number.
Once you meet these requirements, you can apply to become a verified seller. The verification process can take up to 10 business days.
Here are the steps on how to become a verified seller on eBay:
- Go to your eBay account and click on the “Selling” tab.
- Click on the “Account” tab and then click on “Account settings”.
- Scroll down to the “Seller information” section and click on the “Apply to become a verified seller” link.
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the application.
Once your application is approved, you will become a verified seller and will be able to enjoy the benefits of being a verified seller. Read Can You Sell Herbalife On eBay?
eBay Seller Account Requirements
Below are the requirements to become a seller on eBay:
- Age: You must be at least 18 years old to open an eBay seller account.
- Country: You must have a verified address in one of the countries or regions that eBay supports.
- Identity: You must confirm your identity at registration. This may involve providing your full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number (SSN).
- Account type: You can choose to open a personal or business seller account. Personal seller accounts are for individuals who sell items from their personal belongings. Business seller accounts are for businesses that sell items.
- Payment method: You must provide a valid payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal account. This is how eBay will collect the final sale price of your items.
- Shipping: You must agree to ship items to buyers within the specified shipping timeframe. You are also responsible for the cost of shipping.
- Return policy: You must have a clear and concise return policy that is in compliance with eBay’s policies.
In addition to these requirements, eBay may also require you to meet certain seller performance standards before you can sell certain types of items or list items for certain prices. For example, you may need to have a certain amount of positive feedback or a certain percentage of on-time shipping in order to sell high-value items. Also read: Does Billing Address Matter For eBay Payments?
How to Become A Top Rated Seller On eBay
To become a top rated seller on eBay, you need to meet some requirements. You will be automatically promoted to a Top Rated Seller by eBay once you meet these requirements.
- Your eBay account must be active for a minimum of 90 days.
- You must complete a minimum of 100 transactions or more with United States buyers during previous 12 months.
- You must complete transactions worth $1,000 in sales with United States buyers during previous 12 months.
- Your defect rate must not be more than 0.5%.
- Your close cases without seller resolution must not be more than 0.3%.
- You must have a less than or equal t 0.3% late shipment rate.
- Ensure that tracking is uploaded within handling time stated by you.
- Show 95% transactions carrier validations to buyers from United States.
Is eBay Top Rated Seller Worth It?
Becoming a top rated seller on eBay gives you several privileges which can not be enjoyed by ordinary sellers.
You receive higher level of protections because you are consistently meeting eBay selling highest standards.
As a top rated seller on eBay, you will have unhindered access to discount on Top Rated Plus listing.
Also, being a top rated sellers gives buyers the confidence to buy from you which relatively improves search results.
Although this is debatable, sometimes eBay ran listings from top rated sellers higher than sellers who are not top rated.
How Do I Know If I Am A Top Rated Seller On eBay?
If you are a top rated seller on eBay, you will see the Top Rated Seller status displayed on your seller dashboard.
Once you open My eBay, click on My Account and open your seller dashboard.
Naturally, you will find the Top Rated Plus seal of listings that are having 30-day or more free returns, and handling time of 1-business-day.
Becoming a verified seller on eBay is a great way to boost your credibility and increase your chances of making sales. By meeting eBay’s seller performance standards, you can earn the trust of buyers and get access to exclusive features and benefits.
- What are the requirements to become a verified seller on eBay?
To become a verified seller on eBay, you must meet the following requirements: * Have a valid eBay account. * Have a feedback score of at least 10. * Have a positive feedback rating of at least 98%. * Have not had any recent negative feedback. * Have shipped all items on time and as described. * Have a valid PayPal account.
- How long does it take to become a verified seller on eBay?
The time it takes to become a verified seller on eBay varies depending on your account history and performance. However, most sellers are verified within a few weeks of meeting the requirements.
- What are the benefits of becoming a verified seller on eBay?
There are many benefits to becoming a verified seller on eBay, including: * Increased visibility in search results. * Access to exclusive features and benefits, such as the ability to offer free shipping and returns. * Increased buyer trust. * Lower seller fees.
- What happens if I don’t meet the requirements to become a verified seller on eBay?
If you don’t meet the requirements to become a verified seller on eBay, you will still be able to sell items on the platform. However, you will not be able to access the exclusive features and benefits that are available to verified sellers.
- How can I improve my chances of becoming a verified seller on eBay?
There are a few things you can do to improve your chances of becoming a verified seller on eBay: * Sell high-quality items that are in good condition. * Price your items competitively. * Ship items promptly and as described. * Respond to buyer messages promptly and courteously. * Offer a good return policy.