Many Amazon customers have been asking Why Can’t I Proceed To Checkout On Amazon? Truth is, you’ll not be able to successfully make purchases on Amazon if you are unable to land at the checkout page. The checkout page needs to load so you can chose your payment method and authorize payment, if you can’t get to the checkout page, its like you are hitting a rock on your way out of a tunnel.
Amazon is one of the most popular online retailers in the world, and it’s easy to see why. The company offers a wide selection of products, competitive prices, and convenient shipping options. However, sometimes things don’t go as planned, and you may find yourself unable to proceed to checkout on Amazon.
So, are you among those asking “why can’t I proceed to checkout on Amazon? This article will provide you with a comprehensive answer if you are unable to proceed to checkout on Amazon, the provided answers will definitely guide you to solve the problem and you’ll be able to make purchases on Amazon successfully.
- Amazon Checkout Page
- Why Can’t I Proceed To Checkout On Amazon?
- Amazon Checkout Basket
- My Amazon Cart Items
- Amazon Shopping Cart History
- How To View Browsing History On Amazon
- Proceed To Checkout Meaning
- Amazon Partial Checkout
- How Do I Checkout Selected Items On Amazon?
- Can I Do Partial Checkout On Amazon App?
- How To Do Partial Checkout On Amazon
- My Amazon Cart Disappeared
- How To Order From Amazon Without An Account
- Can I Order From Amazon As A Guest?
Amazon Checkout Page
The Amazon checkout page is an integral part of Amazon’s online purchase platform, it enables customers to successfully make payments for their purchases by providing them an opportunity to choose their payment methods and enter their payment details.
A customer will only be able to complete an order on Amazon after he or she has selected a payment method and enter payment details.
The Amazon checkout page is a quintessence of a retail store counter where customers make payments for items they’ve picked.
Purchases on Amazon won’t be successful without the checkout page, this is why you should take your time to read this article further, you’ll learn a lot of things. Read How To Use Similac Checks On Amazon
Why Can’t I Proceed To Checkout On Amazon?
If you are unable to proceed to checkout on Amazon, it could be probably because of any of the following:
- You may not have a valid payment method on file: Amazon will not allow you to checkout if you do not have a valid payment method on file. You can add a payment method to your account by going to your Account Settings and clicking on the Payment Methods tab.
- You may have entered an incorrect shipping address: Amazon will not allow you to checkout if you have entered an incorrect shipping address. Make sure to double-check your shipping address before you click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- There may be Add-on items in your shopping cart and your order isn’t up to $25 order amount: This is the minimum order amount to allow inclusion of Add-on items. If your items are over $25 and you are still unable to proceed to checkout, you may need to log out of your Amazon account and log back in.
- There may be a problem with your Amazon account: If you have recently changed your password or billing information, you may need to update your account before you can checkout. You can also log out of your Amazon account and try logging back in.
- Amazon may be experiencing technical difficulties: It is possible that Amazon is experiencing technical difficulties that are preventing you from checking out. If you are having trouble checking out, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
Read our complete article on how to solve Amazon Checkout Errors.
Amazon Checkout Basket
The Amazon Checkout Basket is a temporary holding area for items that you have added to your cart but have not yet checked out. It is a convenient way to keep track of the items you want to buy and to make changes to your order before you finalize it.
To add items to your Amazon Checkout Basket, you can simply click the “Add to Cart” button on the product page. Once you have added all of the items you want to buy, you can proceed to checkout by clicking the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
In your Amazon Checkout Basket, you can view the items you have added, the quantity of each item, and the total price of your order. You can also change the quantity of an item, remove an item from your cart, or apply a promo code.
Once you are ready to checkout, you will need to provide your shipping address, payment information, and any other necessary details. You can also choose a shipping method and select a delivery date.
After you have entered all of the required information, you can click the “Place Your Order” button to complete your purchase. Learn How To Leave Seller Feedback On Amazon
My Amazon Cart Items
Your Amazon Cart Items are the items that you have added to your Amazon shopping cart but have not yet checked out. It is a temporary holding area for items that you are interested in buying.
To add items to your Amazon Cart Items, you can simply click the “Add to Cart” button on the product page. Once you have added all of the items you want to buy, you can view them in your Amazon Cart Items by clicking on the “Cart” icon in the top right corner of the Amazon website.
You can make changes to your Amazon Cart Items by clicking on the “Edit Cart” button. You can change the quantity of an item, remove an item from your cart, or apply a promo code.
Information you can see in your Amazon cart items include product name, product image, product price, quantity of the item, total price of the item, shipping cost for the item, estimated delivery date for the item, total price of your order, and shipping method for your order. Learn How To Report A Seller On Amazon
Amazon Shopping Cart History
You probably want to make payment for items you selected a while ago on Amazon, the easiest way to find these items is the check your Amazon shopping cart history. As long as you had added those items to shopping cart, you should be able to find them there.
To see items in your shopping cart history, follow the guide below;
- On your browser, visit Amazon website or open the Amazon app on your phone.
- At the top right corner of the page, click on the ‘Shopping Cart’ icon.
Your Amazon shopping cart history will be shown.
How To View Browsing History On Amazon
Browsing history contains all the items you have recently viewed on Amazon. It does not only contain items you have selected for purchase, but every item you have clicked and viewed.
To view your Amazon browsing history, follow the steps below.
- On your browser, visit Amazon.
- Log in to your Amazon account if you haven’t already.
- Take the pointer to ‘Accounts & Lists”, the menu is at the upper-right corner. Once you have done this, a drop-down menu will open.
- Chose ‘Browsing History’.
Every product you have viewed will be displayed.
Another way to view your Amazon browsing history is by visiting the Amazon website on your laptop or desktop, scroll down to the page footer of the page and click on ‘Browsing History’. Also read How To Remove Baby Registry From Amazon
Proceed To Checkout Meaning
While shopping on Amazon, proceed to checking means to navigate to the page where you can pay for the items you have selected. You should only proceed to checkout once you are done shopping. You will be able to insert your payment details and pay for the items once you land at the checkout page.
Every e-commerce website has a checkout page, this gives a customer an overview of the items he or she has selected, the total sum and charges.
Amazon Partial Checkout
Partial checkout happens when a customer doesn’t want to pay for all the selected items yet. Let’s say you selected 6 items to purchase but you currently want to pay for 2 of them while the remaining 4 still remain at your shopping cart, you’ll need to do partial checkout.
Amazon Partial Checkout is a feature that allows you to checkout with just one or more items from your cart, even if you have other items in your cart that you are not ready to purchase yet. This can be useful if you want to buy a few items now and save the rest for later. Read Why Did Amazon Charge Me Twice?
How Do I Checkout Selected Items On Amazon?
To use Amazon Partial Checkout, follow these steps:
- Add the items you want to buy to your cart.
- Click on the “Cart” icon in the top right corner of the Amazon website.
- Under “Your Items”, select the items you want to checkout with.
- Click on the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Enter your shipping information and payment details.
- Click on the “Place Order” button.
Only the items that you selected will be checked out, while the other items will remain in your cart. Amazon Partial Checkout is available on the Amazon website and the Amazon app. Also Read: How To Set A Different Residential Address On Amazon (Explained)
Can I Do Partial Checkout On Amazon App?
Yes, you can do partial checkout on the Amazon app. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Open the Amazon app and go to your shopping cart.
- Tap the checkbox next to the items you want to checkout.
- Tap “Proceed to Checkout”.
Only the items that you checked will be included in the checkout process. The other items will remain in your shopping cart.
Note: Partial checkout is not available on the Amazon app for Fire TV.
How To Do Partial Checkout On Amazon
To do a partial checkout on Amazon, follow the steps below.
- Select all the items you’ll want to purchase in total.
- Proceed to the Shopping Cart list.
- Look closely at each of the items, there’s a tiny checkbox just by each items, select the item(s) you want to make payment for immediately.
- Proceed to checkout, the checked items will be summed up and you can only pay for them.
My Amazon Cart Disappeared
Your Amazon cart may have disappeared for any of the reasons below:
- You logged out of your account. If you logged out of your Amazon account, your cart will be empty. To restore your cart, you can log back in and your items will be there.
- You cleared your browser’s cookies or cache. When you clear your browser’s cookies or cache, it can also delete your Amazon cart. To restore your cart, you can go to Amazon and add the items you want to buy to your cart again.
- The items in your cart were out of stock. If the items in your cart were out of stock, they may have been removed from your cart. To check if the items are still in stock, you can go to the product pages and see if they are available.
- There was a problem with your internet connection. If you had a problem with your internet connection, it’s possible that your cart was not saved properly. To try to restore your cart, you can try refreshing the page or logging out and back in.
- Amazon is experiencing technical difficulties. In rare cases, Amazon may experience technical difficulties that can cause carts to disappear. If you think this might be the case, you can contact Amazon customer service for help.
How To Order From Amazon Without An Account
As of now, Amazon does not offer guest checkout. You need to create an account with a valid email address and payment method to make a purchase on Amazon. This helps ensure a smooth and secure shopping experience for both the buyer and the seller. Once your account is set up, you can enjoy the vast selection of products and services available on Amazon’s platform. Learn How To Join Amazon Preview
Can I Order From Amazon As A Guest?
Unfortunately, you can no longer order from Amazon as a guest. Amazon discontinued guest checkout in 2021. This was done to improve the security of customer accounts and to provide a better shopping experience for all customers.
If you do not have an Amazon account, you can create one for free. It only takes a few minutes to create an account, and you can start shopping right away. Once you have an account, you can track your orders, review your order history, and save items for later. You can also use Amazon Pay, gift cards, and promotional codes. Please read Can You Use Google Pay On Amazon?