Did you ship a package and you are wondering what does departed mean at FedEx? Well, you are not alone, lots of folks get confused or stuck when they get the ‘departed’ message while trying to track their FedEx package, don’t get confused, this article will explain everything you need to know.
FedEx is one of the top courier service brands especially in the United States, their services span across several courier-related services and you can always count on their magnificent excellent package delivery services. You wouldn’t count three top courier delivery companies and omit FedEx, that’ll be weird.
There are relevant terminologies that FedEx customers are conversant with, some of these terms may be strange and confusing especially to new customers, this is why you need to read this article carefully.
If you are expecting a delivery from FedEx and you got the ‘departed FedEx location’ message, continue reading this article to actually understand what is going on with your package.
Are you asking the question ‘What Does Departed Mean FedEx?‘ Grab a drink and read the most comprehensive answer. Also read What Does International Shipment Release Mean For Fedex?
- What Does Departed FedEx Location Mean?
- Tracking FedEx Package
- What Does FedEx Say When Package Is Out For Delivery?
- Do I Need To Login Before I Can Track My FedEx Package?
- What Does Departed Mean FedEx?
- What Does In Transit Departed FedEx Location Mean?
- Departed FedEx Location Days Ago
- Departed FedEx Hub Reddit
- Arrived At FedEx Location
- Departed FedEx Location Twice
- Departed FedEx Location Stuck
- What Does At FedEx Origin Facility Mean?
- Departed FedEx Location Memphis TN Meaning
- Arrived At FedEx Location Newark, NJ
- What Does Arrived At FedEx Location Mean?
What Does Departed FedEx Location Mean?
A ‘departed FedEx location’ simply indicates that your package has left the last FedEx office that it was. The package is literally progressing in its delivery journey and isn’t going through any FedEx operational delay whatsoever.
However, you should understand that a ‘departed FedEx location’ doesn’t mean you are getting your package on that particular day or very soon. The package may have left its FedEx Origin Facility and is heading to a FedEx local facility.
Tracking FedEx Package
Tracking a package at FedEx is relatively easy, you can do this through the FedEx package tracking feature embedded on the FedEx website.
Each package is given a unique tracking ID, you can only track your package with the tracking ID. To do this, visit the FedEx website, under the ‘Track’ box, insert the tracking ID at exactly where you have the ‘TRACKING ID”, click on ‘Track’ to get an updated information on the whereabout of your package.
Below are the various ways you can track FedEx package:
- Online: Go to the FedEx website and enter your tracking number in the search bar.
- Mobile app: Download the FedEx Mobile app and log in with your account information. You can then view your tracking history and receive notifications about updates to your shipments.
- Phone: Call FedEx customer service at 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339) and provide your tracking number to a customer service representative.
Also read Why Are So Many FedEx Routes For Sale?
What Does FedEx Say When Package Is Out For Delivery?
When a package is out for delivery with FedEx, the status message typically indicates that the package is in transit and on its way to the final destination. Here are a few common status updates you may see when a FedEx package is out for delivery:
- “Out for Delivery”: This status message indicates that the package is currently en route to its destination and is in the process of being delivered to the recipient.
- “On FedEx vehicle for delivery”: This message signifies that the package has been loaded onto a FedEx delivery vehicle and is being transported to the recipient’s address. It indicates that the package is in the final stages of the delivery process.
- “With delivery courier”: This status update suggests that the package is in the possession of the delivery courier responsible for delivering it to the recipient. It implies that the package is in close proximity to its destination.
It’s important to note that the specific status updates provided by FedEx may vary depending on their tracking system and the level of detail they provide. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information about your package’s delivery status, it is recommended to track your shipment using the tracking number provided by FedEx. This will allow you to see the real-time updates on the progress of your package’s delivery.
Do I Need To Login Before I Can Track My FedEx Package?
No, you don’t need to login or have an account with FedEx before you can track your package. The FedEx package tracking feature is available to anyone who is expecting a delivery. It is embedded on the FedEx website and anyone can just visit the website and use the feature without having to register or sign in to an account.
Once you get hold of the package tracking ID, you can track it easily, this helps you to know the current status of your order. To track your FedEx package, visit the FedEx website and use the package tracking feature on the first page. Want to know if FedEx deliver when it rains? Read here.
What Does Departed Mean FedEx?
Basically, when a package is tagged ‘departed’, it means it has left FedEx warehouse or local distribution center where it was, it is one step closes to getting delivered. However, you should understand that when an order is said to have departed FedEx location, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is heading to its final delivery location, this is just one of the possible scenarios. It could also mean the package has left the FedEx facility where it was kept and heading to FedEx local facility close to the final delivery location. One good thing about this is that it is making progress as far as delivery is concern and you should expect it soon.
If your FedEx tracking shows “Departed FedEx location,” it means that your package has left the FedEx facility where it was last processed and is now on its way to the next FedEx facility or final delivery location. This is a normal part of the shipping process, and it does not mean that your package has been delivered.
The next status update you will see will depend on the next location your package is headed to. If it is headed to your local FedEx facility, you will see a status update that says “Arrived at FedEx location.” If it is headed to another location, you will see a status update that says “Departed FedEx location” again.
Once your package arrives at your local FedEx facility, you will see a status update that says “Out for delivery.” This means that your package is on its way to your home or business.
The “Departed FedEx location” status update can be a bit confusing, but it is simply a way of letting you know that your package is on the move. It does not mean that your package has been delivered, but it is a step closer to being delivered. Also read What Does Departed FedEx Hub Mean?
What Does In Transit Departed FedEx Location Mean?
“In transit departed FedEx location” means that your package has left the FedEx facility where it was last processed and is now on its way to the next destination. This could be a sorting center, another FedEx facility, or even your delivery address.
The “in transit” status can last for several days, depending on the distance between the shipper and the delivery address, as well as the shipping service you selected. For example, FedEx Ground shipments typically take 1-5 business days to arrive, while FedEx Priority Overnight shipments are typically delivered the next business day.
Departed FedEx Location Days Ago
Your package is probably still in transit and heading to the FedEx local facility. How soon your package will arrive at the local facility depends on the distance between the warehouse where it was and the local facility. Sometimes, it may take up to 3 days or more to arrive at the local distribution center.
If your FedEx package departed a location days ago and there has been no update to the tracking status, there are a few possible explanations:
- The package is still in transit. It is not unusual for a package to go 24 hours or more without an update while it is being transported. This is especially true during periods of high volume, such as the holidays or during a pandemic.
- The package has been delayed. There are a number of factors that can cause a package to be delayed, such as bad weather, mechanical problems, or customs clearance. If your package is delayed, FedEx will usually send you an email or text notification with an updated delivery date.
- The package has been lost or stolen. If your package has been missing for several days and you have not received any updates from FedEx, it is possible that it has been lost or stolen. In this case, you should contact FedEx customer service to file a claim.
You shouldn’t get worried over this except you’ve noticed your package is going backwards, you can also reach out to FedEx customer service if you feel it is taking too long.
Departed FedEx Hub Reddit
Lots of folks have asked this question on Reddit, let’s get it straight, when a package is said to have departed FedEx hub, it means the package has left one of the several FedEx destinations where they are sorted and tracking, packages are being sent to their final delivery locations from FedEx hubs.
A FedEx hub is a local distribution center or local facility, it is from here that a package will be sent out for final delivery.
Arrived At FedEx Location
When you see the tracking status “Arrived at FedEx Location,” it means that your package has physically arrived at a FedEx facility. This could be a sort center, hub, or even the final delivery station.
The next step in the process is for your package to be unloaded from the shipping container and sorted. This can take some time, especially if the facility is busy. Once your package has been sorted, it will be loaded onto a delivery truck and sent out for delivery.
The amount of time it takes for your package to be delivered after it arrives at a FedEx location will vary depending on a number of factors, including the distance it needs to travel, the service level you selected, and the current volume of shipments. Also read What Does FedEx Mean By In Transit?
Departed FedEx Location Twice
Below are a few possible explanations for why a FedEx package might depart the same location twice:
- The package was scanned to a truck, but then it was undelivered for some reason. This could be due to a number of factors, such as the recipient not being home, the address being incorrect, or a problem with the truck. In this case, the package would be rescanned at the facility and then loaded onto another truck for delivery.
- The package was scanned to a different location within the same facility. This could happen if the package was being moved between different sorting or processing areas.
- There is a data entry error in the tracking system. This is less likely, but it is possible that the package was scanned twice accidentally.
Departed FedEx Location Stuck
If your FedEx package has been stuck at a departed location for more than 24 hours, below are a few things you can do:
- Check the FedEx tracking website regularly. Sometimes the tracking information may not be updated immediately, so it’s important to check back often.
- Contact FedEx customer service. You can do this by phone, chat, or email. A FedEx representative may be able to provide you with more information about the status of your package and when you can expect to receive it.
- File a trace on your package. This will start an investigation into where your package is and why it’s been delayed. You can file a trace online or by contacting FedEx customer service.
What Does At FedEx Origin Facility Mean?
“At FedEx origin facility” means that your package has arrived at the FedEx facility where it was originally shipped from. This could be a FedEx Ground station, a FedEx Express hub, or a FedEx SmartPost facility.
Once your package arrives at the origin facility, it will be processed and scanned in. This means that FedEx will have a record of your package and its location. Your package may then be held at the origin facility for a short period of time while FedEx prepares it for shipment.
Once your package is ready to be shipped, it will be loaded onto a FedEx truck or plane and sent on its journey to your destination. Your package status will be updated to reflect its progress along the way.
The amount of time that a package spends at the origin facility can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the volume of packages being processed, the type of service that the package is being shipped on, and the distance that the package needs to travel.
Departed FedEx Location Memphis TN Meaning
The tracking update “Departed FedEx Location Memphis TN” means that your package has left the FedEx hub in Memphis, Tennessee. This is a major hub for FedEx, and many packages pass through Memphis on their way to their final destinations.
Once a package has departed Memphis, it may be on a truck headed to a nearby FedEx facility, or it may be loaded onto a plane for transportation to a more distant location. The next tracking update you receive will depend on the next step in your package’s journey.
If your package is being shipped via FedEx Express, it is likely that it will be on a plane headed to a major FedEx hub near your delivery address. From there, it will be sorted and delivered to your door.
If your package is being shipped via FedEx Ground, it is more likely that it will be on a truck headed to a FedEx facility near your delivery address. From there, it will be sorted and delivered to your door.
It is important to note that the tracking update “Departed FedEx Location Memphis TN” does not necessarily mean that your package is on its way to you. It is possible that your package will be sorted and loaded onto another truck or plane before it is delivered.
Arrived At FedEx Location Newark, NJ
This means that your package has arrived at a FedEx location in Newark, New Jersey. It is now being processed and will be on its way to its final destination soon.
You can track the status of your package on the FedEx website or app. To do this, simply enter your tracking number.
If you have any questions or concerns about your package, you can contact FedEx customer service at 1-800-GO-FEDEX (1-800-463-3339).
What Does Arrived At FedEx Location Mean?
“Arrived at FedEx location” means that your package has arrived at a FedEx facility, but has not yet been unloaded from the arrival container or been prepared for sending out. It can refer to any facility along the journey of the package, not necessarily the local facility nearest the recipient.
This status update normally appears in the early stages of a package route. It is also earlier in the day before the workforce has sorted the package for its onward journey.
Once your package has been unloaded and processed, you should see a new status update, such as “At FedEx origin facility” or “In transit.” If your package has not been updated for several days, you can contact FedEx customer service for more information.